. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcb1011 View Post
    I recently enquired to cnc4you about a control board and driver price, only to be told that unless I supplied my name, address, phone number and vat number (which I don't have) a quote could not be given, but I am welcome to choose a kit from the site.
    The kits on the site did not have the board I'm after.
    Not very helpful, not a good way to conduct business.
    Yes I too had negative encounter when I phoned asking about motors which showed out of stock. Only to be Told he had some motors in stock but wouldn't sell me over the phone. Instead I had to email someone called Keith who just told me out of stock and even thou I told I'd been told they had stock he didn't reply. So Stuff them I say.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 03-02-2018 at 09:02 PM.

I'm glad I asked about this site now I thought it was all legitimate pieces.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palletlad View Post
    I'm glad I asked about this site now I thought it was all legitimate pieces.
    I have to be honest and never had a problem with them but I only have ever bought motors from them and been happy.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

"Fred Lee: Hi Stuart,
    Thanks for your inquiry.
    The HIWIN Rail generally stock in 4000mm,so 3000mm is no problem,but there have a question is presently all of the shipping company not pick up more than 3000mm package,so we are unable to arrange the shipment.
    For such length,recommend you can buy from local market since it is longer and heavy,freight will be expensive also.
    For 2000mm ball screw,recommend you'd better choose 25mm diamater.
    Best wishes
    Fred "

I think I'm going with 3m Hiwin from Fred, Jazz is right his price is far too good on the official rail, looks like 4m is too much hassle unless I have the rail cut, ground flat and butt 2 lengths together.

I asked him for 2520 ballscrew so probably a little confusion there I suspect he means 2525 screws.

I rang cnc4you up and they quoted over the phone, no shit about VAT number told me I could collect next day. They probably can't get the controller but that's no excuse for crappy service, it is something I've seen a lot in the motor trade. Sometimes people don't want your business because they're stupid lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 05-02-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

searched sellers for UC400Eth (not many) and awaiting a quote from CNCDrive.com but I found this site as well, https://www.automationtechnologiesin...on-controller/ has anyone used these people as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Palletlad View Post
    searched sellers for UC400Eth (not many) and awaiting a quote from CNCDrive.com but I found this site as well, https://www.automationtechnologiesin...on-controller/ has anyone used these people as well?
    Why do you need a quote the price is right there on web site, just add to cart and away you go.?

sorry was referring to the added cost of their vat and posting charge as they have to manually work out the pricing to send to UK.
    Last edited by Palletlad; 20-03-2018 at 04:25 PM.

I've requested a UC400eth from CNCdrive and as they are overseas they state that they have to create a manual invoice for me but its been almost 3 weeks waiting for a response from them and I have emailed them since chasing them.
    Has anyone else had something similar with them or that they do take their time? I found it odd as at the same time I enquired with https://www.automationtechnologiesin...on-controller/ and got an invoice ($195) the next day but as I was recommended CNCdrive so I thought I wait for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information