. .

Thread: Can Anyone

Cut sharp cornered letters through 2mm material with, not quite, but almost, bugger all spacing between the elements of which the letters are constructed?

I'm not bothering playing PM Ping Pong as I'd have to charge as much for the time used in providing the required education as I suspect the job is expected to cost.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm guessing you've found a customer that thinks because it's easy to draw on a computer, it'll be easy to make?

And I'm assuming it'll be a WEDM or laser job?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm guessing you've found a customer that thinks because it's easy to draw on a computer, it'll be easy to make?

And I'm assuming it'll be a WEDM or laser job?
    I like to think of them as "CAD Kiddies" as they have all the software taking them nowhere, and most are "Snowflakes", because every one is unique and they are all special
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I assume this is for that fridge/whatever else panel? I had a look at that out of curiosity.

If cutting... FWIW I've milled a piece on my super chinese speciale router that had .5mm thick walls in places, so the bits between the letters should be zero problem for any half decent machine. But fuck knows how you'll get in those sharp corners. Looked like a laser job to me.

If that's any help.

Would have thought it would be better made from black/white trefolex and just machine the letters to expose the second layer. used to have a squad setup to do a boat full @ last place of employment

Thread Information