. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi guys

I want to buy my first mill this year
    Lets say something like HAAS mini mill 2
    3 axis with travel 508x406x356 + aditional 4&5 axis 200mm rotary table.
    price 55k € without VAT

I don't have much experience with small machinery so i want to ask if you know any manufacturers which are producing and selling similar size machines for similar cost.

Thanks for any advice.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I expect you will be offered some of the smaller / cheaper machines like a Tormach or similar. The Haas stuff is meant to be 'OK'. I think you next price point going north of that will be a fair bit more.

What are you trying to machine? What materials, what spindle speed etc?

Hi.

I have to stick with budget +-15%. But tormach looks like to me like completly cheap out on machinery.
    But i don't have any experience with it so i will do some research.

I want to mainly machine mild steel, lower grades of alloys for automotive and rarely stainless.

mini mill from xyz with similar specs is twice more. so far it looks like you can get most bang for your money from HAAS

thanks

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnub93 View Post
    Hi.

I have to stick with budget +-15%. But tormach looks like to me like completly cheap out on machinery.
    But i don't have any experience with it so i will do some research.

I want to mainly machine mild steel, lower grades of alloys for automotive and rarely stainless.

mini mill from xyz with similar specs is twice more. so far it looks like you can get most bang for your money from HAAS

thanks
    I think for the money you are talking, Haas is probably a reasonable approach.

I assume you only want to buy new?

Yes i want to buy only new. I want to avoid problems which used machinery have.

Quote Originally Posted by pnub93 View Post
    Yes i want to buy only new. I want to avoid problems which used machinery have.
    Which is fair enough but does limit you to Haas.

I was speaking to Haas a few months ago looking at pricing and options, can send you the contact details if it helps (unless you already have someone you are actively speaking to)?

Skyfire?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Chaz no thank you i am still prepairing workshop and i will not buy it in uk actualy. I am just asking if anyone know about alternatives and different suppliers.

You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

magicniner
    Thanks for tip but skyfire offers only 4inch 5th axis table that is little bit too small

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information