. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I converted my m300 Quite a while ago and after a few hiccups got it to work just fine. I use a ess smoothsteper and 2 bobs. I decided to fit 2 MPGs of the internet , simple 4 wire items easy to set up they say. Gave each 5 volts from the bobs and the ground from the same bob put the other 2 wires to inputs . In setting's I set for bob no 2 and input 2 and 3. Nothing at all happens? Changed inputs to proper inputs. Nothing? changed power to a phone charger . Nothing . Any body know what the simple thing is I got wrong. Thanks
    Last edited by keith wainwright; 08-02-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Depending on the bob they might need pull-ups what bobs are they?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

eBay item number:
    122515449243 Sorry I don't know teck specs

eBay item number:
    121924104910 this is the bob I have 2 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keith wainwright View Post
    eBay item number:
    121924104910 this is the bob I have 2 thanks
    Well with that bob you will have to supply the bob with 12-24 v as well for the input pins to work
    ..Clive

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    A 5V MPG won't be able to drive the inputs on that BOB directly. The inputs on those BOBs are rated at 12-24V.

If you could find a datasheet for the optos on the board, you'll probably find you could change or even bypass the series resistors on the board, so they'll work on 5V, however it would depend on the current needed to drive the optos, and how much current the MPG can deliver.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

A 5V MPG won't be able to drive the inputs on that BOB directly. The inputs on those BOBs are rated at 12-24V.
    I am sorry but I have to disagree as I have a 5V mpg running on one of those boards
    ..Clive

The boards are powered by a 24 volt power source but also have a 5 volt usb input . So clive are yours wired in any way diferent from mine.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I am sorry but I have to disagree as I have a 5V mpg running on one of those boards
    You could of maybe mentioned that in your previous post

However, back to basics.
    Is the MPG switching the inputs of the BOB (the voltage should switch every two notches of the MPG on each channel)?
    Are the inputs shown on the diagnostic screen in Mach?

But does the ESS support MPGs?
    I know the original USS had a dedicated MPG input, which they dropped for the ESS. However I've not paid much attention to what Warp9 have or have not added since I last had one several years ago.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by keith wainwright View Post
    The boards are powered by a 24 volt power source but also have a 5 volt usb input . So clive are yours wired in any way diferent from mine.
    So you do have a 24V supply connected to the board? If not, the inputs do NOT work.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information