. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi

Could anyone assist me in adding these cheap engraving bits into the tool library on fusion 360?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-10pcs-...EAAOSwPcVVwaOH
    Last edited by dfox1787; 15-02-2018 at 10:19 AM.

1. The cost of them has no bearing on it.
    2. The tool library of what ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Fusion 360 obviously. look at the category op posted in

Have you tried Google? There's a whole bunch of stuff if you look for something like "Fusion 360 add tool to library". The Youtube videos by NYC CNC are well-regarded and he has one, I see. It's a pretty straightforward thing to do, once you have found out what the important parameters are as opposed to the ones you can ignore (bit like much of F360, in fact). Ignore things like "toolholder", for example. It's important for some things, but safe to ignore when you're getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Correct the cost is irrelevant but the diameter information on the link probably is.

I put this post in the Fusion 360 section so assumed people would know its for doing this on fusion 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Have you tried Google? There's a whole bunch of stuff if you look for something like "Fusion 360 add tool to library". The Youtube videos by NYC CNC are well-regarded and he has one, I see. It's a pretty straightforward thing to do, once you have found out what the important parameters are as opposed to the ones you can ignore (bit like much of F360, in fact). Ignore things like "toolholder", for example. It's important for some things, but safe to ignore when you're getting started.
    Yeah ive had a look but i was surprised to see you cant add them in as a actual v bit. Ill have to add them as chamfer or somehting similiar.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox1787 View Post
    Yeah ive had a look but i was surprised to see you cant add them in as a actual v bit. Ill have to add them as chamfer or somehting similiar.
    A V bit is just a type of chamfer cutter...
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    A V bit is just a type of chamfer cutter...
    ...and F360 appears to allow you to enter a 0mm tip diameter to make it a V-cutter.

I did wonder about the question as the "tool entry" mechanism is pretty straightforward. All is now clear!

this best i could do with this tool

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60-Degree...4AAOSw44BYKvQk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	23854

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    If you want amore accurate representation, use a Tapered Mill, and set the tip diameter to 0.0000001.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information