I had a Denford Starturn 8, the controller went POP on me a few months back, so I bought a replacement denford, a cyclone fanuc (red top servos)

Machine was tatty but had a demo and it all seemed to work except an air leak on the collet chuck

Finally got it hooked up to three phase, and it started up fine.
Thought I'd index the turret so jogged it up and out the way and turned the job on the front and pressed the green button.
It went nuts, just spinning and spinning the turret, so in reflex I hit the e stop and now I have 1003 turret positioning error I can't clear.
It won't index anymore, just hums and gives the error again when I try and index.

I assume I can manually free it off and reseat it? Could anyone help me know how?

Also, how do I know which tool goes where so if I can index it and reseat it, it's not on the wrong tool?

I've literally turned the machine on for the first time and then off, then on a few days later and this happened. I've never got it cut anything or run a programme or anything.

I really stretched myself to afford this lathe, so any help would be really well received.
Thanks