. .

Thread: USB Emulator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    My 3D Printer (Marlin based) can and does read from sub-directories.
    My printer (Sailfish based) can see a directory, but not get into it. I have never found it a problem as I print from root anyway.

I now have uploaded files to the Flashair card in my 3D printer and just warming up to print. (Actually printing now !)

It was a bit of a struggle, but this is the way I have done it :-

The flashair card was updated to the latest firmware and set to AP mode and the alternative web page according to the instructions in
    https://mattshub.com/2017/04/11/flashair-sd-card/. Then I used a WIFI USB dongle to connect to the SSID broadcast by the card, in a computer with a wired connection to my network, so I could access my 3D printing files on a NAS drive.

All a little Heath Robinson, but it works and I don't have to keep farting about swapping the SD card between the computer and the printer.

It should be possible to do the same with a USB connection, just using a SD reader plugged into the USB port.
    Last edited by cropwell; 02-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Nice one!
    Being it's own access point and so not having any internet-facing connectivity seems like common sense rather than Heath Robinson ;-)
    Last edited by magicniner; 06-03-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Just as a postscript,(and I know it is not really relevant to this thread) my 3d printer had been playing up on the right extruder. I thought it could be a stepper cable fault, so I replaced the cables to both extruders, which made no difference. On stripping down the hotend, I discovered the thing was choked, so nozzles were put in acetone whilst I waited for the spares I needed to come from Wanhao UK.

Anyway, I got an email acknowledging my order which said they were including a thank-you gift for my past custom.

Todays post brought me the ceramic wraps I needed PLUS an 8GB SanDisk SD card, an all-in-one card reader, a 0.4mm drill, a good quality pair of tweezers and a filament pusher. Did they know it was my birthday last week?

Gobsmacked Rob !
    Last edited by cropwell; 08-03-2018 at 12:04 AM.

It's nice to know that a company that isn't open source supports their customers ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information