. .

Thread: New Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    Are there any Mach 3 experts on the Wirral?Birkenhead,Liverpool or near?
    My problems stem from the fact that I did not build the machine-purchased from someone who will not answer his phone so I'm up the creek.
    I'm sure that Mach 3 is fine but it's installed on a machine that won't perform.I think I'll scrap it and do something easy like learning Swahili from a Chinaman.
    Like I said before to give us some detailed pics of inside the control box and better more detailed explanation of exactly whats happening and we will get you working.
    If you go into the mach3 folder, usually on C: drive named mach3. Look for a file ending (.XML) with the same name as the profile you load ie: MachMill.xml then Zip it up and post here I can load your settings into mach3 and see how it's setup.

Then from the pics might be able to work out whats going wrong.

Lives in Heswall, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 03-01-2020 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 16.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Like I said before to give us some detailed pics of inside the control box and better more detailed explanation of exactly whats happening and we will get you working.
    If you go into the mach3 folder, usually on C: drive named mach3. Look for a file ending (.XML) with the same name as the profile you load ie: MachMill.xml then Zip it up and post here I can load your settings into mach3 and see how it's setup.

Then from the pics might be able to work out whats going wrong.
    Thank you,again.
    I will do as you suggest but first I must grind off the pop rivets the cabinet is fastened with.
    I will then photograph the set up and download the relevant file as you suggest.
    Please bear with me.

Lives in Heswall, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 03-01-2020 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 16.
    I've downloaded the.xml file and have it on a usb stick.
    I've just up loaded it and guess what?
    Computer says it is an invalid file.
    What a catastrophe.
    Where is the nearest skip?
    Mach3Mill.zip

Ok straight away I can see that you only have one Input setup for E-stop so if you have any limit switches or Home switches they won't work.
    Limits switches could be wired in series with E-stop but they wouldn't work as true limits or be able to double up as HOME switches.

Also Mach3 is set to Imperial units which I doubt you want to use. This affects Motor tuning and looking at your settings I've got feeling your all messed up.

So let me know if want imperial or metric. Then I'll talk you thru how to setup motor tuning correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information