. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1
    Hi all

    The cheap little wireless one that came with my machine has given up working, and it never turned off so eat all my AAA batteries...

    Looking for a new one that is wired and USB with support for Mach3.
    The Wi XHC HB04 looks alright to me. Comes wired and wireless so would be getting the wired version.

    Can only see wireless stocked in the UK and EU so would be an import jobbie. But if I order today, might get it Monday if I am lucky.


    Any other suggestions for different models or retailers?

    Jack,

  2. #2
    I have one of those xhc ones. mines wired aswell due to lag over wireless ones. all works great on it, hardly have to use thekeybourd or mouse anymore because it has so many functions on it.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to johngoodrich For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Neale's Avatar
    Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 1,375. Received thanks 262 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've been using the wireless version of the HB04 for a while and still on original set of batteries. It's actually the WHB04B, a slightly later version, which has two knobs (apart from the big stepping knob) for selection of axis and step size. Both versions seem to be around although the B version seems a little dearer. I thought that direct selection of step size would be useful (which it is) but I have no experience with the other one.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I've been using the wireless version of the HB04 for a while and still on original set of batteries. It's actually the WHB04B, a slightly later version, which has two knobs (apart from the big stepping knob) for selection of axis and step size. Both versions seem to be around although the B version seems a little dearer. I thought that direct selection of step size would be useful (which it is) but I have no experience with the other one.
    Interesting. The wireless one I have atm, have had all sorts of problems which is why I am wanting to move away from wireless.
    Think I am still going to go for wired though..

  7. #5
    Neale's Avatar
    Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 1,375. Received thanks 262 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Each to their own! I prefer not to have the possibility of catching a cable on something (I like getting up close and personal when tool-setting sometimes so not really watching the cable) and it avoids the possibility of wire cores breaking with continued bending. But others don't like wireless because of electrical noise problems, battery life, etc. Six of one and half-a-dozen of the other!

  8. #6
    I bought this one last Sunday
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-3-Axi...r/131454746732

    It was shipped by royal mail yesterday 48 hour delivery so hopefully will have it tomorrow.

    I wanted wired so it doesn't get lost lol, going to run the wire under the machine.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

    If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I bought this one last Sunday
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-3-Axi...r/131454746732

    It was shipped by royal mail yesterday 48 hour delivery so hopefully will have it tomorrow.

    I wanted wired so it doesn't get lost lol, going to run the wire under the machine.
    Nice find! For some reason when I was searching earlier in the week nothing came up within the UK.
    Now I am getting that item and other.

    [edit]
    Just ordered the other one. Said special delivery but I doubt it. Closer to me so if it goes 24-48 it should be here tomorrow if shipped before 1700-1730...

    [edit2] no post today so probably none tomorrow. Snow is nearly half a foot here on top of a hill...
    Last edited by JOGARA; 01-03-2018 at 04:25 PM.

  11. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JOGARA View Post
    Nice find! For some reason when I was searching earlier in the week nothing came up within the UK.
    Now I am getting that item and other.

    [edit]
    Just ordered the other one. Said special delivery but I doubt it. Closer to me so if it goes 24-48 it should be here tomorrow if shipped before 1700-1730...
    The other one? You mean the wireless version? I'm using linuxcnc so I am going to have fun setting it up lol, has built in support for the wheel but will need to hand edit config files to get the buttons working correctly.

    I was going to say you look just like Billy Mays but your avatar is actually Billy Mays lol.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

    If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    The other one? You mean the wireless version? I'm using linuxcnc so I am going to have fun setting it up lol, has built in support for the wheel but will need to hand edit config files to get the buttons working correctly.

    I was going to say you look just like Billy Mays but your avatar is actually Billy Mays lol.
    Other listing sorry. Birmingham vs London.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273084343493

    lol

  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JOGARA View Post
    Other listing sorry. Birmingham vs London.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273084343493

    lol
    You're just down the road from me ;) I'm in Leicester 1 mile from J21.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

    If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pendant controller
    By alboy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-10-2016, 09:01 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 30-08-2014, 07:33 PM
  3. What should a pendant look like?
    By Neale in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-08-2014, 11:02 PM
  4. JOG IT Pendant
    By Leadhead in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 05:45 PM
  5. CNC Pendant with 100 MPG
    By Lee Roberts in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 06:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •