. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    Hi clive.
    Errr sorry Clive I got you mixed up with Jazz, i'm on 3 weeks of antibiotics, it tends to scramble the brain a bit.
    Reply 4 mentioned 0.75.
    cheers.
    Andrew
    Yes that is correct for the steppers. Good luck with the build
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Jazz
    One last question (I promise) regarding wire specs, Sorotec sent me 0.5 mm wire with the set, is it worth the effort to go for 0.75mm wire. I'll stick with this machine until i'm pushing up the daisys so I don't mind putting in a bit of effort in getting things right now.
    Cheers.
    Andrew
    Andrew if you have 0.50mm2 it will work ok but if buying new cable then go with 0.75mm2 as it's better choice.

Hi Jazz.
    The better choice always sounds better to me, so i'll go with the heavier wire. The basic kit wasn't cheap so I don't mind spending a bit extra to get it right.
    Cheers.
    Andrew

Hi Jazz.
    The better choice always sounds better to me, so i'll go with the heavier wire. The basic kit wasn't cheap so I don't mind spending a bit extra to get it right.
    Cheers.
    Andrew
    Shame you didn't come on here before buying we could have saved you lots of money.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Shame you didn't come on here before buying we could have saved you lots of money.!
    Hi Jazz

I'm living in Austria so getting heavy stuff shipped out of the UK normally costs an arm and a leg. I've bought plenty of cutters and suchlike from sorotec and have been very happy with their service. The reason I wanted a kit was that if I put it together myself and have a problem I should be able to pinpoint the probelm as I know how the thing is put together. I'm not sure how much a similar machine kit would cost from the uk (maybe you could enlighten me?) I'm of an age and situation where I can afford not to walk 10 miles to save a tanner on bus fares, did enough of that when I was young and skint. But I still want to do as much as possible myself just for knowings sake, and i`m very grateful for all the help that I have received on this forum and it's members (including you!!) I'll probably be asking more questions hopefully not too many stupid ones.
    Cheers

Andrew

KEEP MUSIC LIVE!!!

Ye I know in Austria but I was actually talking more about the electronics than the machine it's self. For instance 59.00 euro for 3Nm stepper is way to much.

For instance this would have worked with that machine perfectly fine and shipped from Germany. Also because the inductance is roughly half the sorotec it would actually outperform the sorotec motor.

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/hy...of-lead%5B8%5D

Edit: And this one is actually the same motor as the sorotec in spec terms or very close!!

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/hy...of-lead%5B8%5D
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 27-03-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Hi Jazz

You have a point but I checked the prices for 3 steppers and the shipping comes out to 60 euros so it's not far off the sorotec price and I don't have to wait for delivery from China. If possible for basic stuff i'll try and keep one supplier and not bounce around all over the place. If I was going to be making a run of these machines then sure I would shop around. The steppers listed by sorotec are from Nanotec (I don't know if that makes it any better or worse from all the other chinese stuff) but they seem to be of reasonable quality. At the moment my most valuable asset is my own time (totally overloaded with work) so having a centralized supplier seems sensible, also there is someone that actually answers the phone there when I call. That is unusual these days. When I get the main parts delivered i'll maybe try and post some photos. There are some you tube vids online which I saw and kind of edged me into buying this particular set. Hiwin rails are delivered as standard which means they are not just supplying the cheapest parts available.
    Cheers

Andrew

Ok well, can only lead a horse to water can't make it drink.! . . But Just so you know they ship from Germany and quick look shipping to salzburg for 3 steppers is $11.00 by DHL.!! . . . . How much do Sorotec want to ship.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 27-03-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ok well, can only lead a horse to water can't make it drink.! . . But Just so you know they ship from Germany and quick look shipping to salzburg for 3 steppers is $11.00 by DHL.!! . . . . How much do Sorotec want to ship.?
    Hi Jazz

I'm not going to get into a wet fish slapping contest here with you. Steppersonline are cheaper. I checked the shipping costs again and you were right. Unfortunately the first motors listed only had a 6.35mm shaft They only had 2 of the second motors stocked and they are nema 24 not 23 Steppers online seem to vary with their shipping rates as to exactly which motor you choose as to where it comes from. As it happens Sorotec sent me the motors and some other bits at no extra costs separately to the main machine eventhough I had informed them that I would gladly pay the added postage as I wanted to get the control box finished before the main frame arrived. Shipping costs from sorotec for the 3 motors I got is Euros 6.90 To Austria. I did check this one out which seems smilar to the nanotec
    https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/de...rchmesser-mm,8
    But they don't have three in stock. Still it's a useful site to know for future reference. The steppersonline sets with 3 motors and power supply seem very good value too. Just out of interest are Japanese Stepper motors better than Chinese ones or is it pretty much irrelevant where they are produced ?

Cheers and thanks again for your help
    Andrew

delivery from China.
    As it happens Sorotec sent me the motors and some wire and bits post free. As I said before I don't mind buying from sorotec the motors and I know then they will fit the machine and hopefully work ok. I

I'm not going to get into a wet fish slapping contest here with you. Steppersonline are cheaper. I checked the shipping costs again and you were right. Unfortunately the first motors listed only had a 6.35mm shaft They only had 2 of the second motors stocked and they are nema 24 not 23 Steppers
    Me neither but to be honest I stress these points not just for your sake but all others who might be in similair position, because your not the only person in Austria or that area of Europe who might be reading this and thinking to buy from Sorotec.
    Because let me be frank here, they are expense and your not getting anything extra for the money. When you factor in the savings on the whole Control box ie: drives, psu's etc it will be considerable difference.

Also just for the record again those motors you linked to from Sorotec are not Nema 23 because they are 60mm not 57mm. Nema 24 are 60mm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information