Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
Me neither but to be honest I stress these points not just for your sake but all others who might be in similair position, because your not the only person in Austria or that area of Europe who might be reading this and thinking to buy from Sorotec.
Because let me be frank here, they are expense and your not getting anything extra for the money. When you factor in the savings on the whole Control box ie: drives, psu's etc it will be considerable difference.

Also just for the record again those motors you linked to from Sorotec are not Nema 23 because they are 60mm not 57mm. Nema 24 are 60mm.
Hi Jazz

You are right. I agree that Sorotec are not cheap and if I had the time I would hunt around for the best offers. I've noticed up to €30 difference on the price of the em705 drivers depending on where you get them. I'm not trying to give sorotec a plug. It just happened for me it was easier to order from under one roof and be able to get some come back and assistance if things go pear shaped. My German is not brilliant so the forum here is great to become a bit more knowledgeable about cnc and all thats involved. I got my original machine a Makko 850 with acme rails about 10 years ago when I had some spare cash that I could offset against the tax. The machine frightened the hell out of me when the motors went crashing into the sides and stalled and made horrible noises complete with French software translated into German and then English mixed with French. It was turned into a shelf for 5 years. I came across uccnc which inspired me to get back into all of this. Only to discover that although my old makko would probably do me 0.5mm accuracy is probably good enough for what I need it could do with an upgrade. I got a quote for a €1000 to upgrade the acme screws to ball screws so I thought sod it i've got a bit of spare cash get something better, and here I am. And again you are right about the motors being 24s not 23. I'll mention that to the Sorotec people.

Cheers

Andrew