. .
    I have a Nine9 insert engraving cutter but keep forgetting just how nice their tooling is, I must put some on my Christmas list!

https://youtu.be/loeWnyxse00
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I have a Nine9 insert engraving cutter but keep forgetting just how nice their tooling is, I must put some on my Christmas list!

https://youtu.be/loeWnyxse00
    Very nice tool Do you know the price and who stocks them?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I bought my engraving cutter from Advanced Carbide Tooling, I bought it for a CNC engraving job on some very expensive parts.
    The pricing is not Hobby (and certainly not ME ;-]) but it is excellent quality tooling, last time I had suitable tooling money I blew it on a CNC vice :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I bought my engraving cutter from Advanced Carbide Tooling, I bought it for a CNC engraving job on some very expensive parts.
    The pricing is not Hobby (and certainly not ME ;-]) but it is excellent quality tooling, last time I had suitable tooling money I blew it on a CNC vice :D
    Thanks for the info
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I have a nine9 indexable spot drill which I use for spotting and deburring. Great tool. This tool and the engraving too are often in the monthly msc direct sales catalogue.
    Last edited by jamesgates1000; 29-03-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks for posting that magicniner. I have been on the lookout for a 45 deg style engraving tool but have failed to find exactly what i want. There is a job i do and its a pain in the backside having to do it the hard way due to not being able to find the right tool for the job with a decent shank size that can take a decent load cutting some very tough steel,on what appear to be forgings.

This not a company i have heard of before, directly anyway. So thanks again it may be the answer to my problem.

Thread Information