Hi there! I'm Justin,
I'm quite new to cnc and I've been using an Arduino uno up till now to control my cnc. I don't know a whole lot about cnc controllers but I just had a few questions on my mind. I used to use a 3 axis tb6560 stepper driver with an Arduino's output pins but the board got fried (the tb6560 got fried it was a dumb mistake I made). It's all good though because I was hoping to convert to external stepper drivers anyway. I haven't gotten any new drivers yet but I was looking for some advice. 1) is it even worth it to continue using Arduino to control my cnc? ( by the way, the cnc is 4' by 2' being run by nema 23's used for milling). If not are there any other controller boards anybody would recommend? (Usb/Ethernet interface to be specific because our desktop broke having the parallel port, leaving our laptop with only USB and Ethernet available)
I've seen good reviews on the Ethernet smooth stepper and I've been recommended the uc400ETH but I'm interested in some extra input.
I can't spend too much I'm just focusing on this for a hobby, but I'm definitely open to any opinions though too.
My apologies if anything here doesn't make sense, or is left out I'm quite new to this and appreciate all the input I can get!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk