Quote Originally Posted by jtar40 View Post

(-I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but if it's relevant, I have 3 nema 23 stepper motors running off 3 amps and I was thinking of getting a uc300eth as the interface, I didn't really put much thought into the breakout board yet because I've been told it can be quite general for the simple 3axis cnc router machine I'm looking for making.)
I have the UC300ETH, but unless you feel you need many inputs/outputs the UC400 is in my opinion better because it is easier to box it. The power connection on the UC300 is a bit misplaced, and been inherited from the UC300USB. No big deal, but it is a bit irritating. If I buy another one it will be the UC400ETH because I don't need the analogue inputs/outputs and two ports are enough. I have two very cheap, $5 BOBs and they have been working well for about two years now. You can also buy a more expensive, industry quality BOB as well, but it is very expensive (but looks better). The analogue outputs are not needed to control the VFD if you have a BOB with 0-10V PWM out. I control mine via Modbus, which I think is much better, so I don't use any analogue outputs at all.