. .
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    how different can they really be.
    Enough to be the difference between passing a noise/electrical emissions test, and not passing the test ;-)

There probably isn't that much difference, it's just you have to recover the costs involved somehow. CE/UL testing is not cheap, and then you have to factor in re-designs.

Plus what you're really paying for is the supply chain. I doubt Leadshine actually make that much more from the sale of an EM drive compared to an AM drive, it'll just be those buying AM drives are probably buying in far larger quantities than most European sellers. I'm sure if you asked Leadshine for a price of a couple thousand of each, you'd be surprised at how little price difference there would be.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Anyone recommend any places to buy the uc300eth, or the uc400eth? I've seen the uc300eth on eBay but it's no longer available where else should I be looking?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtar40 View Post
    Anyone recommend any places to buy the uc300eth, or the uc400eth? I've seen the uc300eth on eBay but it's no longer available where else should I be looking?

CNCDrive? - they're the supplier, and the ones that advertise on eBay. I bought through them from eBay and they delivered 3-4 days later - perfect transaction. Give them a call or email them and ask if they're resisting on eBay. My choice of ordering from eBay was simply it was easier with a fixed price including delivery.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

http://www.shop.cncdrive.com/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

Quick question, I'm not too sure about something about the uc300/400eth. I see that it talks about it needing an external 5vdc power supply. Now I was reading up online about it in the product manual (in section 7) states that you cannot use more than 5 volts dc because it can damage the device. That makes sense, but I'm sleightly confused about it not giving a max value for amps. Does this Matter? Do I not need to worry about amps? I'm not totally educated on this but I always thought that current is what harms the device.

from the UC300 manual
    "We recommend to use a power supply with at least 500mAmps"

so you can use any regulated 5V power supply that can supply a half amp or more is OK

the current taken is not going to be any higher if you used a 5V 100A power supply

John

do not use a 5V phone charger they are not all regulated to give you exactly 5V DC !!!
    Last edited by john swift; 31-05-2018 at 11:24 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to john swift For This Useful Post:

That makes sense, but I'm sleightly confused about it not giving a max value for amps.
    The maximum amp value never really matters, if you use a power supply with more amps output than needed it will still only output what you are using, and in this case hardly anything at all. In current the minimum amps is what's important, in voltage it is the exact voltage level, or the maximum, what matters. Maximum voltage matters because if you are using a power supply which gives more than 5V then it may fry your UC300/400.

So, if you have a power supply which provides 5V (maximum) and 500mA (minimum) then you are OK, but if you have one which gives you 5V and 25A then you are still OK, nothing bad happens.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 01-06-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john swift View Post

do not use a 5V phone charger they are not all regulated to give you exactly 5V DC !!!
    I think that's not the case any more. All phone chargers use regulated power today, but maybe not all gives 5V. Anyway, original Nokia, Samsung, Sony... all safe to use, but I'd be careful with the cheap eBay chargers.

What do you mean when you say "regulated power" is this something I should be worried about when searching for a power supply? If so is there some way I can identify weather it's regulated or not?
    LETOUR Power Supplies DC 5V Power Supply 30A 150Watts、AC96V~130V Transform DC 5Volt Switching Power with EMC Filter Overcurrent and Overvoltage Protection (Silver) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01HJA3OUG/..._d1n0CbVHAD6RM

I'm planning on buying this power supply above, but is there any specs that I should be cautious about that may be dangerous to my uc300eth-5lpt which requires an external 5vdc power supply (and a minimum of 0.5 amps)??? The power supply meets the 5 volt max, and has more than enough amps.

Thanks in advance, I truly appreciate it!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jtar40; 07-05-2019 at 02:42 AM.

What do you mean when you say "regulated power" is this something I should be worried about when searching for a power supply? If so is there some way I can identify weather it's regulated or not?
    LETOUR Power Supplies DC 5V Power Supply 30A 150Watts、AC96V~130V Transform DC 5Volt Switching Power with EMC Filter Overcurrent and Overvoltage Protection (Silver) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01HJA3OUG/..._d1n0CbVHAD6RM

I'm planning on buying this power supply above, but is there any specs that I should be cautious about that may be dangerous to my uc300eth-5lpt which requires an external 5vdc power supply (and a minimum of 0.5 amps)??? The power supply meets the 5 volt max, and has more than enough amps.

Thanks in advance, I truly appreciate it!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    That is a bit overkill, just a 2A power supply will do. Something like this https://www.powersuppliesonline.co.u...er-supply.html

or https://www.amazon.co.uk/Din-Rail-po.../dp/B00MWQEBAU
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information