. .

Thread: Which Machine

Hello all.

Im lost in choosing a machine. I require a machine for low use custom furniture making, mostly cutting birch plywood (similar to opendesk).

Ive looked the following and would love your input:

Damen cnc kit - over 10k (abit pricy for my requirement)
    CAUCAU cnc - good price but not convinced
    Marchantdice machine - supermill desktop machine - best option however have mixed feeling on supplier after reading online.

My budget is around 8/10k euro. Im based in Malta so ideally machine would be from EU for easy shipping.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenfalzon View Post
    Hello all.

Im lost in choosing a machine. I require a machine for low use custom furniture making, mostly cutting birch plywood (similar to opendesk).

Marchantdice machine - supermill desktop machine - best option however have mixed feeling on supplier after reading online.

My budget is around 8/10k euro. Im based in Malta so ideally machine would be from EU for easy shipping.

Thanks in advance.
    Marchantdice machine - Avoid like the plague.

DamenCNC is good, try and work out a deal with them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Merchant Fleece as I like to call are an excellent company if you want your machine to come from a xmas cracker avoid, setting fire to your cash will save you time and hassle lol. What travel do you want?
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Marchantdice machine - Avoid like the plague.

DamenCNC is good, try and work out a deal with them.
    Thanks - didnt hear very good stuff with Merchantdice.

Damen CNC is a bit overpriced at around 14k..

Any recommendations for good quality kits? (again available in EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Merchant Fleece as I like to call are an excellent company if you want your machine to come from a xmas cracker avoid, setting fire to your cash will save you time and hassle lol. What travel do you want?

200mm/300mm is fine I guess for the work I need. Mainly will be cutting 2D ply

any other options?

Maybe consider this?

https://www.zappautomation.co.uk/machines.html

EDIT - or not, if you want 8'x4' travels. Sorry, didn't see the thread subtitle...
    Last edited by bikepete; 11-04-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenfalzon View Post
    Hello all.

Thanks in advance.
    You could buy a 2nd hand one, pain in the arse to ship but you have leeway in the price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strong-13...0AAOSw~~5azfXP

There's loads of routers kicking around ebay spain is probably a better place to buy one as the shipping will be a lot cheaper.

If I bought a 2nd supported rail router I would replace all the bearings with new ones regardless of their condition but I wouldn't personally I'd go for square rail as a minimum
    Last edited by Desertboy; 12-04-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Thread Information