. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi.

I have just bought a Dust Commander Vortex and am setting it up with my CNC machine.

At the moment I am going to use my Henry hoover which I have been using to follow the mill round as it cuts, but it is laborious doing this so I want to set up a vac connected to the brush shoe.

I assume the Henry will not be powerful enough. Can you recommend a small inexpensive vac that is a better choice over the Henry? (Space is an issue, so nothing large)

Thanks

I've been using one of these for a few years. It's taken a lot of abuse in that time and just keeps on working. If it breaks, I'll be getting another one. However, the noise is one reason I use ear defenders when running the router... Price has gone up a bit (I paid about £35, as I remember) but still looks a good buy. But someone else will point you at something better and cheaper - they always do when I suggest something!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the power of the Henry is, but that looks more substantial. Cheers :)

I have been using the same one as Neale and it IS noisy. Domestic vacuum cleaners have recently been subject to legislation to limit the power, but that doesn't seem to apply to workshop vacs. The one mentioned is 1250W as is this one https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-elec...80727177603400 which is currently on sale. I would buy one, but I have already spent my pocket money this week

Brushed motor vacs are not really intended for long switch-on periods and the brushless motor ones are much quieter and designed to run continuously. I have thought about buying something like this http://www.power-motor.com/Products/...uumCleane.html and building my own canister using the remains of my old vac when it burns out (hopefully not literally!).

My current setup is this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1949.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	24052
    Last edited by cropwell; 11-04-2018 at 05:05 PM.

The Henry i believe is a 2 stage motor, so miles better. I use 2 stage motor and it sucks incredibly well. Not always needed, but sometimes i cut in a way that brushes could not be used, so then it sucks small particles from air above cut.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I’ve been using the Dyson DC27 for almost 2 years, its used mainly for sucking up carbon it’s lasted well and sucked up damp alloy chips 🤦🏻*♂️ the motors started playing now so I’ve replaced it with this.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132456079693

Listings wrong it claims 1250W but the box and instructions state 1000W will be testing it at the weekend, but if it’s crap then I will replace with another trusty Dyson.

I also use a wickes own brand, can't fault it!

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    My current setup is this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1949.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	24052
    What's the cyclone setup you are using, and how well does it work? I keep thinking of having a go at knocking up something but can't quite get it to the top of the to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    The Henry i believe is a 2 stage motor, so miles better. I use 2 stage motor and it sucks incredibly well. Not always needed, but sometimes i cut in a way that brushes could not be used, so then it sucks small particles from air above cut.
    The Henry I have is 680w. Is a 2 stage better than the Wikes one?

I see Henry do a more powerful 1060w industrial one.

I personally use Lavor vac and its a 2 stage Italian made motor. 2 stage matters, if you can afford it. It makes very serious vacuum.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information