1. #1
    Found a potential gold mine at the scrap yard today! They had lots of extrusions - mostly on the short side - but some longer ones. There were lots of assembled pieces with t-bolts, gussets, nuts, etc. Don't think they are 8020. Anybody recognize these?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	24098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4641.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	24099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4622.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	24100

    Thanks,
    Wallace

  2. #2
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,037. Received thanks 224 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    I'd probably say Bosch Rexroth.
    Certainly the profile looks very similar.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  3. #3
    Yeah, it looks very much like Bosch Rexroth .
    Here is a Bosch Rexroth compatible profile,

    http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/a...BSH_Range.html

    You could compare against those dimensions to double check .
    Cheers

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyblackburn View Post
    Found a potential gold mine at the scrap yard today! They had lots of extrusions - mostly on the short side - but some longer ones. There were lots of assembled pieces with t-bolts, gussets, nuts, etc. Don't think they are 8020. Anybody recognize these?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	24098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4641.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	24099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4622.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	24100

    Thanks,
    Wallace
    Get that stuff out the scrappie now!

    http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/a...KJN992425.html

    I wouldn't use it for major frame support as it's the light duty version but good for legs or bed support.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:06 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

    If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

  5. #5
    Hmm not good to build anything with those extrusions, send them to me,lol.
    They look like Bosch like the other guys said, save them from the scrap yard and give them one day a new life ...maybe a laser engraver bed ;-)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickhofen For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Hmm not good to build anything with those extrusions, send them to me,lol.
    They look like Bosch like the other guys said, save them from the scrap yard and give them one day a new life ...maybe a laser engraver bed ;-)
    or maybe a cnc plasma cutter, hmmm.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:07 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

    If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

  8. #7
    They only charged me $1 per pound. Sounds like I better take my truck next time!

    Thanks guys!
    Wallace

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyblackburn View Post
    They only charged me $1 per pound. Sounds like I better take my truck next time!

    Thanks guys!
    Wallace
    and a trailer at least four times lol, I paid 1 a kilo when I got mine but since then the guy I bought it off told me I'm a robbing bastard and he'll never sell it to me again. That said it was my brother lol.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

    If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Similar Threads

  1. Rails and Series extrusions
    By CrazeUK in forum Rails, Guideways & Bearings
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 10:11 AM
  2. BUILD LOG: My first build, Alu Extrusions
    By kjetor in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-10-2015, 11:15 AM
  3. What connectors?
    By Neale in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 11:21 AM
  4. where do you get the v groove channel extrusions from
    By nobby in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-04-2014, 03:19 PM
  5. Connectors for steppermotors....any recomendations
    By NICKMODELMAKER in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 03:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •