. .
    I really must stop drinking before going on eBay !

Just picked up this lot - wasn't quite prepared for the size and weight of it - 1.25" shaft and two pillow blocks per shaft - 38 foot in total (as we're imperial on these units !)

A bit bigger than I wanted for my next build but possibly could accommodate a bigger machine in the new shed we're planning on building this year rather than my existing workshop.

Picked up 4 x 48" and 4 x 66" with 8 bearings / blocks for not a huge amount of money. Shafts have some minor surface rust on but should clean up ok.

Too big for a home build or about right ? Tempted to sell on and go smaller but the engineer in me says to make it as big as I can !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20180422_18_22_08_Pro.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	24144

Quote Originally Posted by bbdom View Post
    I really must stop drinking before going on eBay !

Just picked up this lot - wasn't quite prepared for the size and weight of it - 1.25" shaft and two pillow blocks per shaft - 38 foot in total (as we're imperial on these units !)

A bit bigger than I wanted for my next build but possibly could accommodate a bigger machine in the new shed we're planning on building this year rather than my existing workshop.

Picked up 4 x 48" and 4 x 66" with 8 bearings / blocks for not a huge amount of money. Shafts have some minor surface rust on but should clean up ok.

Too big for a home build or about right ? Tempted to sell on and go smaller but the engineer in me says to make it as big as I can !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20180422_18_22_08_Pro.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	24144
    Use the 66" for the Y axis sell the 48" and get 20mm HGR20 (Hiwin style) rail for the gantry and the Z axis is my vote ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information