. .
    Hi there

I am experiencing all strange things in my latest 2*4 CNC wood cutting Router project.

The latest problem is as follow:
    All my four 750 Delta servo Motors were running nicely, at early stage of my project, but after few days after I tried to put all my cables in the E chain, and finishing my electrical Box and so on, I experienced a strange behavior from most of my Motors.
    With my mach3 controller on I get Alarm (AL 06 ) from my motors Drivers
    (It actually means that I should have the following problems

The device has exceeded its rated load during continuous operation
    Control system parameter setting is incorrect
    The wiring of motor and encoder is in error
    The encoder of the motor is in erro

knowing that I have not even started to work with my machine, and I have not changed my parameters, Therefore I think that my problem should be because of the last 2 issues from the above list

Also If I turn off my controller as I start my motors at first all my Driver displays show the value if 00000 but, after few minutes the numbers on my Driver's Digital Display start to climb and/or Increase and all of a sudden at least one of the motors creates a sudden very Loud Sound and shake.

Please let me know what could be the cause of this, and How can I check for the cause of the problem, I think it should be some wiring problem but I do not know how to find it and consequently fix it.

regards
    jhonansaro

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Start with the basics.
    Given this affects more than one motor, I'd start with checking you have connected the motors to the correct drives. If you have managed to get the encoder and power cables mixed up between the motors, you could get those kinds of symptoms.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by jhonansaro View Post
    Also If I turn off my controller as I start my motors at first all my Driver displays show the value if 00000 but, after few minutes the numbers on my Driver's Digital Display start to climb and/or Increase and all of a sudden at least one of the motors creates a sudden very Loud Sound and shake.
    Like M_C says start with basics but also check Signal and encoder wire routing so not up against high voltage cables.

The creeping numbers will 99% be electrical noise on the input signals if the drives are setup to show position. But it's not recommended to enable the Drives without control being on, infact it shouldn't be possible in safe system.
    The state of the incoming Signal is unknown without the control being in-charge and Your lucky the motors didn't take off because any straw voltage or pick-up of electrical noise could have sent false signals sending the motors shooting off.

Do you have power Line filters on the Drives as this will help with electrical noise.?
    Is the frame Earthed.?

Also as I've mentioned before the way you are sharing one Motor Output for two drives isn't good and could be sending things off track.!

Hi there

Thanks a lot for your replies, and advice.
    As you mentioned, I have done some silly mistakes and 2 of my encoder cables were misplaced.
    and after I correct that mistake all is fine now.

regards
    jhonansaro

Thread Information