. .
    I have an A3HSRMi2 which is still as built by Boxford. I'm confident I could convert it to run under Mach3 but what steps are required after the conversion to enable the software to work correctly ?

I've converted a Boxford 160 lathe to use the USBCNC board but I write all the gcode for that manually. For what I need to create on the router that's just not a possibility.

When I looked into Mach3 for the lathe, there seemed to be a minefield of things such as post-processors etc, at which point my head exploded and I decided to stick with what I had.

I use TurboCAD to generate parts for my 3d printers, and to mock up pieces for the lathe, but I guess I would need a more powerful 3D modelling software to be able to push files to the router ?

Adrian.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Fusion 360, and find a suitable post processor. Loads of online youtube vids etc about it. That said, if it was me, Id be going Acorn Centroid vs Mach (just did this on a Harrison M300 machine).

Chaz - Did you fit a spindle encoder for screwcutting?

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Chaz - Did you fit a spindle encoder for screwcutting?
    Indeed. Did my first trial cut of a thread the other day, success, nothing broke. The thread isnt right (not deep enough) but its all working as needed.

Chas - Thanks did you use a C3?

Chas - Thanks did you use a C3?
    C3?

Optical encoder C3 from CNCforYou. Many of the posters and Utubers seem to refer to this?

Optical encoder C3 from CNCforYou. Many of the posters and Utubers seem to refer to this?
    Ah sorry no.

I bought a Hengsler one from an Ebay seller not far from me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/shotmaste...p2047675.l2559

He seems to have them (or similar ones) all the time. For £40 ish, cant go wrong, good quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hengstler...t/123073649461

Similar to that but mine doesnt have the collet setup, it has a thread thing, a bit more finicky.

Thread Information