. .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1972.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	318.4 KB 
ID:	24199

Just thought I would share these with you. I have printed a selection of T-nuts, blocks clamps and ramps, for light duty hold-down. Why (I don't hear you ask ) 'Cos I ran into a steel clamp with an expensive cutter and snapped it. At least these might allow the cutter to survive.

They all fit into my 8mm slot bed with M6 threads. No, I did not 3d print the threads, I cut them and the nylon screws were made in China.

The blocks were inspired by HobNob's 10x20x40 from ArcEuro http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalo...-Metric-Blocks , but they are only 2D and the yellow ones are 6mm thick.

Cheers,

Rob

Very good idea to use plastic clamps and bolts. I also print T-nuts and other special holders for my currently ongoing DIY 3D printer project and I find them very strong and reliable, so I will probably not buy more T-nuts. I print mine with 3, 4 and 5mm nut inserts, depending on the need, and use ordinary nuts. OK, it's not steel but some times you don't need steel and PLA is in fact strong enough for this type of work, and as you already noted, it does not break your expensive cutter... I haven't used any 3D printed parts on my CNC yet, but I think it's a good idea and will probably print some for PCB and acrylic clamping.

nice... I also use the 3d printer for jig/fixtures. Never had any issues with them not being strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    nice... I also use the 3d printer for jig/fixtures. Never had any issues with them not being strong enough.
    I have snapped one - deliberately ! It took some force. I print with ABS 100% infill for these. I tend to regard them as disposable, in fact even if I drop one on the floor, I am more likely to print some more rather than pick it up (I am not very mobile ! before you call me a lazy c**t). {that could be c-l-o-t}.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 09-05-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Thread Information