. .
    Lives in Windermere, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-12-2018 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 7.
    Hello, I've been using a Stepcraft 420 for a couple of years making parts for a microlight aeroplane from sheet aluminium. I was going to build a bigger, stiffer machine after much reading on here, but ended up buying the router member "Bigstu" built. Its a dual x-drive, 4'x4' aluminium frame gantry router, now filling a large part of my workshop!

I've now done the bits to the machine that bigstu hadn't gotten round to, namely tidying up the electronics and painting the steel parts. The initial flush of new ownership! With a bit of the usual set-up faffing, having had to pull it to bits to fit in a Volvo, its now working and producing parts 10x faster than the little stepcraft managed. But the stepcraft was an excellent introduction to the field - other than the occasional clean its worked without any problems, bar the early death of the Proxxon tool!

I'm based in the Lake District if I can be of help to anyone, in advance of me asking the same!

Cheers,
    Paul.

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Paul
    Welcome to the forum, i am not to far away Stainton near Dalton in Furness. are you commercial or hobby modelmaking ?
    Regards
    Mike

Lives in Windermere, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-12-2018 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 7.
    Hi Mike,
    I fly microlight aircraft (full size), and use the router to make parts for them - my day job is their certification/design.
    What do you do workshop-wise?
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    Hey Paul! A little further away from Mike here, sunny Manchester. I'm learning to fly group A myself, what do you fly?

Rob

Hi Rob,
    I fly an old 80's single-seater called a Phantom. Very basic, cable-braced, but great fun! Are you learning at Barton? The Ikarus C42's there are one of the types I work with.
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Welcome Paul,

Photos please: Planes, CNC machines, Workshop, Kitchen, The Missus... Any photos welcome, except for anything related to Cricket!

Andy

Hi Mike,do you still have the Stepcraft for sale? Interested. Thanks Sid

Thread Information