. .
    Hi.

I am not sure if this is the right bit of the forum for this question but here goes anyhow.

I have acquired this pump. Pictures below.

Apparently they are used in the air conditioning industry for replenishing fluids or something. My friend had it as a backup for his vacuum pot but no longer needs it. He does woodturning stuff and uses a vacuum pot to impregnate epoxy into wood to stabilise it before turning it. He uses a very similar but slightly smaller pump.

My question is would this be suitable for use with a vacuum bed/ chuck for work holding on my cnc (once its operational)?
    Thinking of this sort of thing. But I will probably try some HDPE because I have some.

If not I might be able to use it as a bagpress type thing. It looks similar to their smaller pumps.

Cheers

Ollie

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It should work for smaller tables, but you can't run coolant unless you install a filter/tank to catch any stray coolant before it gets to the pump, and you'll also need a good dust/swarf filter. Coolant and dust/swarf will quickly contaminate the pump oil.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks m_c

I am mainly intending to machine wood so coolant should not be an issue. I will add a filter somewhere in the airline for the dust, I had not considered that before.
    My worry was will it be able to run for longer jobs without overheating or something ?

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	24409As per MC
    should be fine with small surface area, also more than adequate for vacuum bagging. Have run mine for hours without a problem BUT you will get oil vapour from the exhaust and you need to vent this out of the workshop.
    Regards
    Mike
    Last edited by mekanik; 13-06-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Thread Information