. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Gentlemen, Thank you for your assistance.
    The lathe is a very simple Denford slantbed running Mach 3.
    I am led to believe it will work quite effectively with a £2.50 Halls effect switch and a magnet on the spindle. After all your posts. I hope you will forgive the lack of sophistication (for the moment) I just have to try it, as have just seen a little Emco 5 conversion running Mach 3 threading. With the assurance that it has not missed a beat, having been programmed from F360 and a little tweak on the post processor. Just a couple of 3d prints required to hold things in situ.
    Since I do not use the lathe that frequently, a Heath Robinson car boot solution. If I can get it to work, might suit the budget very well?

Chaz - Very interested in Centroid Acorn experience. Been studying it for while. Looming pile of vertical router bits laying in the corner looking for a control solution.
    Sure. Ive just done a Lathe conversion. I might do my next mill with Centroid too.

John - It is on M3 currently.

Chas - Which Centroid option did you get please?

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    John - It is on M3 currently.

Chas - Which Centroid option did you get please?
    http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_...ontroller.html

Chaz - Bit persuasive that. - Did you take the extra turn software?

Chaz - Bit persuasive that. - Did you take the extra turn software?
    Ive bought the Lathe Pro software which allows threading and rigid tapping. The initial learning curve was OK, different to Mach but some principles are the same.

Ive had a struggle getting an ATC macro working, its now sorted although not perfect, but acceptable. Ive also had an issue with my spindle speed control but we think its related to my touchscreen.

Centroid is mature and is 'built' for touch screen use. Its a nice platform. Mach feels like a toy after using this.

Yes saw the thread on the ATC macro writing. Frightened me a bit with that!

Yes saw the thread on the ATC macro writing. Frightened me a bit with that!
    Its only scary for a bit :-)

Once understood / solved, its relatively straight forward. Like any other product, as it matures and more people use it, the better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information