. .
    Hi Everyone my name is Keith

I was an apprentice scientific instrument maker at the NPL ( 1970 - 74 ) . I ended up working for Oxford Uni. I am now on the point of retiring. Over the past 6 months I have been scavenging all sorts of bits and pieces to make myself a cnc router. I am almost there with the mechanical bits plus the control box. I have gone down the Mach 3 route so I am now looking for an old windows 7 machine. Getting the control box and the computer to talk to each other may be a bit of a struggle as most of my machining has been old school so may be back asking for help.

Keith

Welcome to the forum Keith. Be aware that Mach3 will only work if using the PP on the 32 bit system.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Clive Thanks I am aware of what you said but I have backed myself into a corner and I just want to get it up and running. I may alter the setup in the future but for now it seems the easier route.

Hi Keith,

I am a small business owner and I am trying to get an old machine up and running. I usually try to do everything myself but definitely need the assistance of an experienced hand/ advice. I need to machine a few small parts.

Are you still ln the area or do you you know anyone that might be interested in helping?

We are a small firm with a small budget, but I am not expecting time and materials for free.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Thread Information