. .
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    OK - your reference to PWM threw me a little as you have connected up according to rawcnc link.

This is using 0-10v analogue control on the right hand side of the BoB in the link. This may be derived on the BoB from Mach3 PWM output which is presented on the PWM terminal of the BoB from the pin 1 output of Mach3. The on/off spindle relay is used in your case. My spindle speed control is via a SuperPID device http://www.vhipe.com/product-private/index.htm as I have a Kress router on my small machine.

The strange sound you refer to in the motors could be a result of an intermittent disconnected winding as only one coil is being energised and with the change of direction of flux it would just buzz at the speed of the driver pulses.

It may very well be as you say.
    On one job for example, it cut fine for half the work, then the z axis moved down 5mm and continued to cut a quarter of the work, then it got back up to finish the work at the same level. I was not in the workshop when it did this, but since that, I stay around the cnc for the time of the cut. Not very convenient, but hey, it gets the job done for the time being.
    It seems like tis pwm setting creates some noise now and then, as the symptoms of the problem look a lot like electrcial noise. Still, I cannot tie this noise to anything. Seems random at the moment.

I don't know what to fix or change yet, so I'll continue to cut and take notes of future strange events, maybe I can pinpoint the cause. I'll update the post when anything new comes up.

The strange sound, to my best ability to explain, is like the motor reduces the speed (low tone) for just a sec (when it loses 5mm), but there is no speed reduction in the gcode. It seems (but I am not sure at all), that this event occurs when the z axis moves up (to safe z).

Meanwhile, thank you. :)

Here is a video of a phase disconnection in a running stepper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/add4ruae38...P0004.AVI?dl=0

Thank you for taking the time to do the video.
    The sound is very harsh and different from what happens in my case, but I'll check all conection again anyway. Also keep in mind the driver option.
    I will try to capture a video with the events for further explanation.

Have a nice weekend. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Radu_Andrei View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to do the video.
    The sound is very harsh and different from what happens in my case, but I'll check all conection again anyway. Also keep in mind the driver option.
    I will try to capture a video with the events for further explanation.

Have a nice weekend. :)
    The harsh sound is because it was bouncing on the desk.

Ok. :)

Hi Rob. Regarding the clicking issue we talked about 4 months ago (sorry it took so long, I started an youtube channel which required so much more work than I imagined, and used the cnc very little since July).
    here is a link with the problem as it happens up to this day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chFWGLZtExQ
    It does not bother me much as it goes away after pressing reset a few times in mach 3, and the cnc works just fine.

I have a new project in mind, a lot smaller, and not sure if here is the place to start a new topic. It includes steppers/servos, drivers, receiver, remotes etc, arduino components I guess, but it is a small robot (like a toy thing) and not a cnc. Is this (mycncuk.com) the place for such a topic, or should I search for a robotics forum?

It looks to me as though the relay is being energised for some reason. If you are not using the relay it can be disabled by a jumper on the board. I haven't got access to my control box at the moment so I can't define what the flashing LED is, just guess it is the relay ON indicator. The real question is why you are getting those pulses to the relay. At this time I have no idea.

Sorry,

Rob-T

No worries. Thanks for the reply.
    Might be, but it is just a wild guess 'cause I have a laser module (cross) wired next to the spidle, and it stoped working after a while and I did not bother to replace or remove it, and maybe it has something to do with that. Who knows. I'll worry about it when it stops me from working.

Any idea where should I open a topic about a function of a small robot? Very simple, I need 4 butons which when pressed turn a small stepper one quoter of a turn each. Like rotating a cube on each of the 4 faces when is on a flat surface. I've found a lot of the info online, but still missing some bits about remote controls and arduino programing.

I see you changed your "profile quote" if I can call it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radu_Andrei View Post
    I have a new project in mind, a lot smaller, and not sure if here is the place to start a new topic. It includes steppers/servos, drivers, receiver, remotes etc, arduino components I guess, but it is a small robot (like a toy thing) and not a cnc. Is this (mycncuk.com) the place for such a topic, or should I search for a robotics forum?

I would put it here: http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/333-Ot...hines-Building.

If it is wrong Lee will move it for you.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread Information