. .
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Got it. Thank you for the info AndyGuid.
    As much as I enjoy the subject, I guess we should stick to the cnc topic.
    I.m considering starting some yoga/meditation thing to become more focused, in order to overcome Rob.s lexicon temptations.

Regarding the new desktop pc I received and tested. It has windows xp installed on a HDD. All drivers included.
    I.m gonna leave it as it is now as it works just fine, but in the future, when the HDD fails, and will have to do a brand new windows installation, I would very much like to have the drivers saved somewhere.
    How can I do this? Or is there a way to create a windows backup or something for the future new hard drive?

Anothet thing that came up today, as I took the pc apart and cleaned it inside, I noticed something strange. At one point I turn it on with just the source, motherboard and HDD. But it refuses to start.
    It says:
    1. Detecting IDE Drives, CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults loaded. Here I can press F1 to continue or Del to enter Bios. If I press F1 I go to:
    2. A black page with a lot of white writing, and among that is IDE Channel 0 - HardDisk Smart Capability - Disabled and a few second after this
    3. WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT: WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM

And adding the DVDRROM to other IDE port, it does the same as mentioned above at the first attempt, and then it loads windowsxp just fine.
    I.m suspecting that the hard disk might be close to its end, but as well it might be something else.
    I.m quite sure the point 1 and were present since I bought the pc, but I did not paid attention as it always loaded the OS.

The pc still works with the DVDRom on it, but I don.t know for how long.
    I found a few posts online about third party software to backup your drivers, like DoubleDrive, EasyDrive etc, but still does not hurt to ask, how do you deal with a new hardrive, new windows xp installation, in order to make it go smooth? Or is this error caused by something else?

*point 1 and 2

The most usual cause of CMOS checksum error is a low battery on the motherboard (They are most often CR2032's). For the small price of this battery, I would replace it anyway for every newly acquired secondhand computer.
    Last edited by cropwell; 20-09-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Will do precisely tomorrow. Thank you.

Hi. In the end the problem seemed to be the ram memory slot, which gives this CMOS error, as it is 1Gb and the Pc sees it as 448 Mb. Changing the slot solved the problem for now, but surely I.ll have to change the memory as well soon. So all good until now.
    I.ve managed to get a few other things done, like homing, soft limits, spindle probe script and all went fine.

I.ve watched and read everything I could find about setting the spindle speed via mach3, and still could not solve this yet. The main issue is with PWM Base frequency and Spindle pulleys thing. I either have only 2 speed 24000 and 11000, or I have a few more speeds but the SRO% green line goes backwards, like I have to reduce it to get the spindle to go faster.

The other thing is how exactly do you flaten the work surface. I mean what g code do you use for this?

I.ve started learning about this g-code, and did some basic cuts. Today I.ve uploaded a greyscale image in artcam and set a 3d relief toolpath with 2 cutters for the job, and generated some code for carving a 10 by 10 cm horse. It has 816 lines of code, but the program always stops at line 500. I assume I should change the tool at this point. It just stops and refuses to continue, no matter what I do.
    Reading about this, most sugestions are about editing a file called m6start.m1s. I.ve done this with all the scripts I could find and still could not make it work.
    A link with details about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_N4uwRWmQ

I.m hoping to make the cnc stop, come to a defined position to let me change the tool, rezero the z, and continue from where it left.
    So, how do I do this?

Quoting this guy with his reply to someone.s question:

So you would want the M6Start macro.
    However My macro is meant for use with TTS holders Etc. and the Mach 3 tool table.
    What your looking for is something just to move to a tool change position then touch off each tool. End quote ----this is what I need as well.
    Last edited by Radu_Andrei; 03-10-2018 at 10:29 PM.

It might work by saving a separate TAP file for each tool, and then either run them separately in mach3 or merge them in one file and manualy add this t1m6, t2m6 lines into the code.

How do you do this operation yourself?

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information