Stepcraft S420 (~A3 sized) desktop CNC router. Fully set up and working with a PC running Mach3, an upgraded spindle (Kress 800), basic tooling (collet and 1/8" end mill and 3mm drill, all I needed!), and a table with homemade quietening box attached to it.

I believe it’s a version 1 machine but it has the brass rollers as per the version 2. I redrilled the spindle mount plate to allow clearance for the larger Kress 800.

I've used it to cut out and drill 6082-T6 aluminium plates of 1.5-5mm thick to make parts for my microlight Phantom and other aircraft. Its probably as much as can be asked of the machine, it takes ~20mins to cut out a plate in shallow passes. But it produces more accurate and repeatable parts than I managed by hand.

Its a basic beginners machine, a good introduction to CNC machining, good to learn about CNC on as not too expensive or dangerous, and German-made so works fine and has support if there are any problems (stoneycnc.com).

The box hinges on the table to allow full access, and the lid opens separately to allow a quick and easy peek-in whilst in operation.

Reason for selling: its taught me lots about CNC, now I've braved a bigger, more complex machine.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04804b.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	24451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04792b.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	24449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04794b.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	24448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04592b.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	24450
Collection from Windermere, Cumbria.