. .
    There is a thread on the dutch cnczone.nl

All activities taken over by AMB Electrik

All stock sold to bjctools.nl

Grtz Bert

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk
    Last edited by driftspin; 23-06-2018 at 11:55 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to driftspin For This Useful Post:

Shame when that happens but I guess if you wanted a basic router you bought a low cost B&Q tool and if you wanted a CNC spindle you paid a bit more and got a quiet low run out Chinese water cooled spindle with VFD and all the interface controls that brings.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Shame when that happens but I guess if you wanted a basic router you bought a low cost B&Q tool and if you wanted a CNC spindle you paid a bit more and got a quiet low run out Chinese water cooled spindle with VFD and all the interface controls that brings.
    I gues that is true, never looked into those machines.

What i hate to see is all european manufacturing disappears.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Well! For many years we have been sending all of our money to China. Then wonder why there is so little left to spend in the Western World. - "Viva Trumpo!"

Looking at the Wiki for Kress Elektrowerkzeuge, with my limited German, it looks as though Kress has been struggling since 2012. Their routers are good quality, but like any brushed motor router, noisy. I know, I have one.

We live in an age where too many people buy cheap and regard everything as disposable, so the 'built to last' philosophy is old thinking. Sad !

I use to be behind the "spend money in China = less money in western world".
    While it is true, the fact is many companies have not innovated to stay ahead of what China can do.
    Thus no wonder why people just buy from China now...

First let me state that I am not trying to make a political statement (but it probably will be !).

You can buy small items from China cheaper than the postage costs in UK !!

My observation is that Chinese economy and industry is controlled by the state and seems to be prospering compared with Western industry. There may be some deliberate attempt to undermine the economy of the west, but I think that part of the blame for the state of this country is the 'shareholder system' where money leaves the investment cycle to go into the coffers of the rich.

The joke used to be of Soviet Communism - if a farmer has a tractor, the state takes control of it, so nobody has a tractor. Chinese Communism however pushed money back into education and industrial development putting them where they are now in the world economy.

I don't think that people's levels of happiness and freedom in China is all that good. I wouldn't want to live there!

It's sad. Too bad they never bothered making brushless motors and motors with ER collets. I was considering them but dismissed because of those two reasons.

Well they might have sold the name but it looks like they still will be available.

https://www.amb-elektrik.de/produkte.html

Cheers

Andrew

Thread Information