. .
    I would like to find a "simple" lathe CAM programme. A cut above Mach 3 Lazyturn and Wizards. But not wallet busting as I use the lathe infrequently. (Estlcam turn if it existed!! but sadly not)) There is a programme called Ecam that looks promising but info is a bit sparse. If any of you guys have tried this or any other programmes that might fit in the category. Would much appreciate your advice.

We use OneCNC which is at the lower end of cost compared to the likes of edgecam. A full professional suite though and not a cheap alternative to industry leading software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Fusion360?

Not the simplest, but it does have good turn functionality.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Yes I am using F360 and have access to other sophisticated programming, but by the time I have revised the methodology, again?
    The guy at Ecam informs me there is no PP for Mach3/4 and limited tool shape input. But otherwise almost there. So still searching.

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Im using Fusion 360 and Linux, All free and works well, Lathe macros in Linux as well for quick one offs.

Fusion is a bit difficult to learm but as its CAD and CAM its quick to update the CAM after minor tweaks to the design.

Thread Information