. .

Thread: 6040 y axis

Hi
    Just finished installing the stepper motors to my 6040 and noticed it takes a lot more effort to turn the y axis by hand than the x and z axis.Is this normal behaviour?It seems that motor is going to be under a lot of stress
    Thanks
    Rich

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Hi
    Just finished installing the stepper motors to my 6040 and noticed it takes a lot more effort to turn the y axis by hand than the x and z axis.Is this normal behaviour?It seems that motor is going to be under a lot of stress
    Thanks
    Rich
    First welcome to the forum Rich.

Can you supply some more info ie does it have ball screws or lead screws, what are you calling the Y axis (is that the long axis or the gantry)

Can you move the axis freely without the motor attached. A lot of those type of machines need squaring up to make them run smooth. Pictures would help.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks for the welcome clive
    Yes I actually meant the Z axis.
    Well i've just got mach3 set up and all 3 motors are working fine and not getting hot under load
    Now the fun begins!

Hi,there guys I need help with my crap USB- Cnc6040T 3 axis machine, I have the same problem Y axis by hand is hard and motors are not moving it either ?
    I have the one with Black Box /the ballscrew are 1605 type and SFU1605 Ballnut::

Please help me run thourgh the whole machine fixes ??????:(

The reason mine was hard to turn was that I'd installed it wrong.Screws too tight

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    The reason mine was hard to turn was that I'd installed it wrong.Screws too tight
    That would typically indicate to me that something is misaligned if it becomes hard to turn when the screws are tight - releasing the screws just allows things to move into a more neutral position.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    That would typically indicate to me that something is misaligned if it becomes hard to turn when the screws are tight - releasing the screws just allows things to move into a more neutral position.
    +1
    If tightening screws causes an issue something is out of alignment.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information