. .
    Lives in Dundee, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-07-2018 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    Hello.

The story explaining my ownership of these lathes is a bit boring but to cut to the interesting bit, I have 3 ex high school Conect 121 lathes for sale, 2 of which have the original interface / control unit and one is complete with the BBC computer with software, monitor and floppy disk drive.

These are based on a Myford ML10 lathe so a very robust and stiff machine. They are fitted with coolant system, a Burnerd 3 jaw chuck and a Dickson toolpost with holders.

I would be looking for £500 plus delivery (around £70). Price could be negotiable if you are interested in more than one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160407_150740.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	24498
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160407_150807.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	281.8 KB 
ID:	24499

Do they have ballscrews please? And where are you based?

Thanks, John.

Lives in Dundee, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-07-2018 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    Hello John.

Sincere apologies for the delay; the notification of your message ended up in my junk folder. Not too handy!

I believe the screws are stock Myford items so not likely a ballscrew. The main leadscrew is a square form thread as you would expect.

The machines are in Arbroath, East Scotland. Are you in the area? Viewing is welcome if so. Thanks.

Regards, Duncan.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Are you sure these don't have ballscrews?

Any I've seen came with ballscrews, although the bearing/end float support setup was far from ideal.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Good morning.

There is a good chance you know more than I do on the finer details of these machines! Having read around it seems that the X axis at least is a ballscrew. They have not been modified anyway so if that is the original specification then they will still be as intended. If you would like photos / further information then I will do my best to help. Thanks.

Duncan.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I owned one of their later light grey/blue lathes, but I've seen a couple build threads involving the older green versions.

Easy way to tell, is you should be able to stick your hand up under the saddle and feel the X screw. You might be able to get your head at an angle to look at it, or take a photo of it with a camera if you really want to see it.
    The Z axis, if you take one of the securing screws out one end of a telescopic cover, you'll be able to slide the cover back so you can see the screw.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks Duncan. I'm a long way away from Arbroath I'm afraid! Live near Cambridge. I have a Super 7 I have converted with ballscrew X feed, manage OK with standard Z leadscrew but one day I may retrofit a ballscrew.

Thanks folks, yes the feeds are indeed ballscrews. It seems I have misjudged these machines! They must be a bit more precise than I had imagined them to be. Cheers.

Lives in St Annes on the Sea, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 38 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 159. Received thanks 19 times, giving thanks to others 6 times.
    Hi,
    Are these Lathe's still available ?

Thread Information