. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi guys

Hoping someone can point my in the right direction with this.

Is there a setting in mach3 that stops the z plunging back to cut depth before it gets back to x and y cords?

So I paused my machine because I wanted to clear a block on the dust shoe. Moved the spindle to the corner of the bed cleared the block then roughly returned it back to where I paused the cut. It then started to move and plunge resulting in a Grove cut towards the hole it was cutting. See pic

Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Works fine for me, what version are you running?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I think you have to reposition the Gcode so that the first move is to the safe height. Not being in front of my machine to check it out. If I am not far through a job and I have to stop it, I just rewind and start from the beginning, just cutting air until I catch up. I may even override the feed rate until I am near the cutting point. But that is just me taking the easy way out.

I've never had much luck with the "pause and resume" thing in Mach. It tends to do sporadic and sometimes unpredictable resumes. So now I no longer use it, and do the same as the guy above.

All the best,
    Dan

What version are you using?

Version R3.043.062 is one of the last good, stable versions before The Incompetent New Guys started buggering about with Mach3, creating more problems than they solved in the process.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Shouldn't you be using Run From Here, to resume after jogging away from the pause point?

Pause and resume will do what it says. Resume motion from wherever you've jogged to, even if that means ploughing straight through the work piece to get to the next coordinate, whereas Run From Here should do an initial move then plunge to the resume point, which you should be asked the details of to confirm the initial move is suitable.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    What version are you using?
    3.043.066 I think

I wasn’t aware much had broken in those few versions; do you know what changed?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Shouldn't you be using Run From Here, to resume after jogging away from the pause point?

Pause and resume will do what it says. Resume motion from wherever you've jogged to, even if that means ploughing straight through the work piece to get to the next coordinate, whereas Run From Here should do an initial move then plunge to the resume point, which you should be asked the details of to confirm the initial move is suitable.
    thats correct. it was because i didnt use the run from here option in mach3.

this video helped me out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6gv...30738373353584

the amount of times i have made this mistake lol.

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    3.043.066 I think

I wasn’t aware much had broken in those few versions; do you know what changed?
    The man who conceived, created and maintained Mach3 sold the company to a bunch of utter Muppets, unless you need support for a plugin that's only in a later version the consensus from far more experienced users than I is don't touch them with a long stick.

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    I've never had much luck with the "pause and resume" thing in Mach. It tends to do sporadic and sometimes unpredictable resumes. So now I no longer use it, and do the same as the guy above.

All the best,
    Dan
    I do exactly the same, been caught out with ruined work pieces too many times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information