. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    I do exactly the same, been caught out with ruined work pieces too many times.
    wouldn't be as bad if materials were cheap lol. Ive wasted 2 sheets of 12mm cast acrylic at 12 pound each already

All this nonsense is why I decided to try uccnc about 18 months ago and I haven't looked back. Mach is a buggy piece of crap that has cost me a lot in time, cutters and materials. I can't believe it is still as popular as it is given that there are 2 or 3 alternatives out there now that blow it out of the water.
    I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to stop or pause a program and be sure that it will start again from exactly where you left off (and all without plowing a furrow, breaking a cutter or trying to start a fire!). Mach often used to lose position if it was stopped or paused and I used to rehome, re-zero and air cut, just to be sure, after any uncoded stop.
    With uccnc I can even switch the machine off and shut the pc off for the night in the middle of a long 3d job and carry straight on from the last line the next day (Choc the Z axis before switching off!).
    Uccnc is also well supported, has continuous development and has an excellent forum.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iain1mm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iain1mm View Post
    All this nonsense is why I decided to try uccnc about 18 months ago and I haven't looked back. Mach is a buggy piece of crap that has cost me a lot in time, cutters and materials. I can't believe it is still as popular as it is given that there are 2 or 3 alternatives out there now that blow it out of the water.
    I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to stop or pause a program and be sure that it will start again from exactly where you left off (and all without plowing a furrow, breaking a cutter or trying to start a fire!). Mach often used to lose position if it was stopped or paused and I used to rehome, re-zero and air cut, just to be sure, after any uncoded stop.
    With uccnc I can even switch the machine off and shut the pc off for the night in the middle of a long 3d job and carry straight on from the last line the next day (Choc the Z axis before switching off!).
    Uccnc is also well supported, has continuous development and has an excellent forum.
    I have considered uccnc. Does it have good zeroing functionality. The scripts I use on mach3 2010 screen set have been fantastic.

Sounds like from your experiences uccnc saves money in the long run

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Gerry, who wrote the 2010 screenset, has done a screenset for uccnc and it has the all the same zeroing tools. It was his praise of uccnc that made me look at it in the first place and take the leap.
    There are also many other plugins and macros that allow me to do everything I did with mach and more! (spindle control and joypad pendant plugins I use all the time) .The forum has some amazing people who are very active in writing developing macros to cover just about anything you can think of. The development team are also very proactive and are constantly adding new functionality.
    You need to use one of their motion controllers but they are excellent too and a HUGE step up from the parallel port.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information