. .
    Hi Guys,

I have a small oxy/acetylene kit that uses disposable cylinders of oxygen, which last 10-20 mins each and cost £20 - £23 a pop. I have been thinking about a 5L/min concentrator which I can get for £235. The are normally used to power an oxy propane burner for lampworking glass.

I am told they pressurise to 89 psi.

Has anybody any experience of using a small torch like mine, made by Walkover (now I think they brand as Oxygas) with an oxygen concentrator ?

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Don't know anything about the concentrator approach, but that kind of price could get you something like this, with enough left over for a regulator if what you have already doesn't fit. I use these people for my mig welding gas - no rental makes it attractive for home use. Fraction of the price of the little disposable bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I use these people for my mig welding gas
    So do I, and I have considered them. When you add a regulator and the fill charge, you are not far off the concentrator setup cost, and to me it is a bit of a meh decision (not a lot in it). I can only find one reference on t'Interweb about using a concentrator for brazing, and that is oxy-propane used by bike frame builders.

Really, I was looking for anyone who could say they had done it and it works (or doesn't).

Thread Information