. .

Thread: cnc3040t

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i just dont know y it wont talk to the cnc

Quote Originally Posted by welshkoiman1962 View Post
    its showing mach3 is workin but its not communicating with the control box and cnc and its set up the way I got it on my xp pc where it works
    For the last time... The problem is NOT that you used XP and now using W7. Period.

If you have a genuine UC100 then it should work. The PC you are using has absolutely no clue about your CNC, there is ZERO communication between Mach3 and the CNC if you use a parallel port and that BOB you showing. Look for the problem somewhere else, your UC100 plugin installation for example. Also be aware of the fact that unless it is GENUINE UC100 you are using, the plugin will not work, and if you bought your UC100 on the eBay outside the official sources then it is likely that it is a fake UC100. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? CNC Drive is very good at communicating and gives good support for genuine product users. If on the other hand you bought the UC100 on the eBay then there is nothing else to do then throw it in the rubbish bin. No support is given for the pirate products.

By the way, I looked at the fuzzy pictures you posted and it seems like that BOB is only partially completed. Looks as the inputs do not have any screw terminals... are you sure that this is the same BOB as the one which was working before? Where do you have your limit switches connected? Beware that Mach3 will NOT work if you have configured for limit switches and e-Stop and you don't have any installed or have them configured to the wrong logic level. That BOB looks definitely weird to my eyes.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 20-07-2018 at 12:04 PM.

think the bob is the problem

right y does it work fine if i change over to my old xp pc with all the same settings im running it through a parrallel port atm they sending me a new uc 100 the bob no is hwj130613b cant find anything about it
    Last edited by welshkoiman1962; 20-07-2018 at 12:23 PM.

a search for hwj1306b found this link

https://damogranlabs.com/wp-content/...-cnc-guide.pdf

the breakout board is another variant of the chinese boards used in 6040 cnc machines and sold on ebay or amazon etc

going by the photo on page 13 of the damogranlabs guide
    nothing remarkable - just another Mach3 or linux CNC BOB

I guess the 12 printer port outputs are buffered by two 74hc244 or 74hc245 IC's

four of the five inputs for your limit switches & touch probe are isolated by opto-isolators (pc817 ?)
    the E-stop switch being connected directly to the printer port

John

ty but still wont work on windows 7

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by welshkoiman1962 View Post
    ty but still wont work on windows 7
    Is your Win7 32 or 64 bit?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

i think its 64 bit

Someone's 'avin a Giraffe 'ere :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information