. .

Thread: cnc3040t

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    hi ppl I got a 3040t I bought about 5 years ago it runs on windows xp I want to run a different program from mach 3 I also want it to run grbl so I can use t2laser software with it is there a cheep option as I have not completed a project on it thanks

You want to replace Mach3 with GRBL...? You must be joking...

Get a new PC and (which you need to do anyway) and continue with Mach3.

ah that's the problem it is a newer pc with windows 7 but my 3040t will only run on windows xp I just bought a parallel port card but no luck

Quote Originally Posted by welshkoiman1962 View Post
    ah that's the problem it is a newer pc with windows 7 but my 3040t will only run on windows xp I just bought a parallel port card but no luck
    In that case that's not an XP issue but a driver issue. You have two options, buy a motion controller, or get the right driver for the parallel port card. You must be using 32-bits version of W7 because that's the last one supporting PP card. If you want to use 64-bit version then you must get a motion controller, like UC100 or something similar. A better option is UC400ETH but it is slightly more expensive, and not as plug-and-play as the UC100, which is basically a USB to PP converter, but it is a motion controller, not just a simple converter.

I bought a uc100... a parallel port card... but a friend said its not a typical cnc control box think its one of the first only xp will work on it i put the parallel port card in its working fine set up mach3 same as on my xp pc wont work but works fine on xp i got a spare power supply so might get a mana 3 stepper board so i can keep the old pc for when i want to use mach3

I bought a uc100... a parallel port card... but a friend said its not a typical cnc control box think its one of the first only xp will work on it i put the parallel port card in its working fine set up mach3 same as on my xp pc wont work but works fine on xp i got a spare power supply so might get a mana 3 stepper board so i can keep the old pc for when i want to use mach3
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying. If it is a genuine UC100 then it works with any Windows version and you don't need a parallel port card with it, so if you have a UC100 then I don't understand the problem. What is a "typical CNC control box" according to your friend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v2fT5DjhJA its something to do with the parallel port card on my control boxClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	24566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	266.2 KB 
ID:	24567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	24568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	24569

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v2fT5DjhJA its something to do with the parallel port card on my control boxClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	24566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	266.2 KB 
ID:	24567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	24568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	24569
    The pictures are pretty bad, but to me it looks like an ordinary BOB. It has NOTHING to do with XP since the PC has no idea about what's on the other side. If you have a UC100 you just plug that in into the PC USB port, install the Mach3 plugin and connect the UC100 to that BOB in the first picture, configure Mach3 the same way as it was in the XP and that's it. There is no parallel port involved at all. Mach3 works on any version of Windows, not only XP. That linked video is talking nonsense if it claims that Mach3 only works with XP. Believe me, I am using Mach3 and have used it with XP, W7 64 bit and now W10 Pro 64-bit. Regarding the connection of UC300 I think you should read the manual, not just watch a video.

its showing mach3 is workin but its not communicating with the control box and cnc and its set up the way I got it on my xp pc where it works

I just bought a parallel port card but no luck
    Parallel Port cards (and later PC integrated PPs) are a Crap Shoot as far as output voltages are concerned, some BOBs need 5v logic levels, some newer PPs don't deliver that.
    Just to be sure have you tested your PP with a printer to ensure it's at least functional?

If you want a Gerbil you'll want an Arduino to keep it in, not a PC :D

Have you considered a stand alone box like the DDCSV1.1 or 2.1? I think that's probably the way to go at this point if you want to move away from Mach3, I'm just about to start testing with one on my little 4-Axis Mill -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ComponentsMounted.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	24570

Name:	ThreePlatesFullOfSpahetti.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	24571

Name:	UsbAdded.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	24572
    Last edited by magicniner; 20-07-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information