. .
    I’m on route with a new build but just realised the two different DB25 1205 breakout boards I have can give me enough pins for 5/6 axis but not enough for all the extra limit switches/ sensors that 3+B/C needs. I was planning to use a slave a stepper on the x axis, unless there is a suitable board for running twin x axis.

The Chinese DB25 boards are cheap but is there a good alternative with more pin out/in? I did see this which caught my eye.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-...56383c00wtLs14

Any thoughts or link most welcome.

With two DB25 BOB's you will have 10 inputs . The link you provided seems to give 12 input BUT that is at the expense of only using 3 axis. I don't think that you could use slave axis and 12 inputs with that board.

I have set up a system using two PP's with slaved homing and 3 mpg wheels 6 inputs, 2 inputs on X for the slaved axes, Y+Z 1 input and the other 1 input for for estop. Or get rid of one mpg it will free up two more inputs
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Hi Clive,
    Two db25 boards. Interesting! I guess I would need another parallel port card in the PC. I have one of the green cards like this and a blue one as second link so enough between these two.

Potentially a bit of a head scratcher though eh. Is the software side straightforward, assigning ports and pins etc?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-6-Axis-...-/121480961528

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upgr...001497211.html

....Update

Just thinking about it I could use the one of the BOB to run the 3 axis and the slave and the other BOB to run the B/A axis and secondary sensors.

I'm not that familiar with parallel port/db25 instruction. Can I daisy chain the two boards together or do I need to run a separate card to the second BOB?

Much food for thought
    Last edited by marbles; 20-07-2018 at 05:55 PM.

I'm not that familiar with parallel port/db25 instruction. Can I daisy chain the two boards together or do I need to run a separate card to the second BOB?
    Not sure what you mean by this. But to use two PP BOB's you will need to P ports on the pc. so you would need another PP card fitted and the two cables one to each BOB.

I have been using Linuxcnc for these simple jobs but it is a learning curve. I think Mach3 can take at least two PP BOB's then you would set them up in ports & pins. Plenty of vids on the net for that.
    Last edited by Clive S; 20-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Cheers Clive!
    Yeh i've just been reading up on the setting up Mach3 with two PP ports. Think its a case of getting lucky if you dont get a driver conflict on the installed PP card however it'll resolve what I want. I have the boards so might as well give it a go :)

Thread Information