. .
    I have acquired an Denford TRIAC VMC miller (Ex Manchester Uni). All I am missing is the software disk. It's still using the original PC dos software from a floppy. I would like to try to get it working with the original S/W before deciding what to do, i.e. an upgrade or sell on. I have tried 3 lots of software from the Denford archives (TRIAC/VMC etc) but keep getting numeric error messages. Does anyone know if there are error code tables. Any ideas guys?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    If the info is anywhere, it'll be on the Denford forum - www.denfordata.com

Try having a search over there for the error messages you're getting. Failing that, post them there and some of the old Denford guys might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks for your reply m_c
    Are you (or other forum members) familiar with the EuroStep I/O controller? If yes does a limit error stop the serial data link from operating (i.e. a displayed L with flashing dot on the controller status display). I spent all day today messing with no progress. The PC DOS message I get is error 50 Mint controller disconnected. I will check all the limit switches. I suspect the Z Axis is at its lowest limit.
    I have checked the RS232 cabling and set-up of the IRQ and com port addressing.

Thread Information