. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    You can't do away with the conversion process. You will always need a motion controller, a BOB and drivers. The blue card is your BOB and drivers combined to one.
    I am aware that we can't do away with the conversion process but that can be done on a board directly rather than having the UC100 plugged in can't it?

What o am saying is that even with the UC100 I will still have the same control system. It's only a thee axis and that alone hampers development.

I was planning to upgrade it eventually to 4 axis but with the issues of the converter it's possibly brought that forward as I still see that the UC100 is a "fix" and an adaptor rather than buying a replacement controller that doesn't need need the UC100.

But of course, buying a UC400 would be even better because that way you can do away with the USB.
    Are you a CNC drive Sales man or ambassador at all? Seem to be pushing their products.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    The UC100 is a motion controller for use with either Mach3 or UCCNC.

The DDCS is a complete standalone controller, that requires no other hardware.
    Exactly my point, so putting the money towards the upgrade rather than buying the UC100 would be a better option..

I don't like spending money on a "Fix" rather spend more money to get it right first time rather than spending money on something that would be obsolete in a few years time..

Some would argue that the UC100 is a better upgrade.
    Note that the UC100 is capable of driving 4 axis. But the UC400ETH would be a better choice, as it has more I/O, and is only a little more money.

You'll still need stepper drives, unless you plan on keeping your existing driver board, which would be the weak link in any upgrade you do.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Some would argue that the UC100 is a better upgrade.
    Note that the UC100 is capable of driving 4 axis. But the UC400ETH would be a better choice, as it has more I/O, and is only a little more money.

You'll still need stepper drives, unless you plan on keeping your existing driver board, which would be the weak link in any upgrade you do.
    But it's not an upgrade, it's only getting my machine running with what I had already.

I already have 4 TB6600 stepper drivers from a planned project on a CO2 laser engraver that was brought last year..

I have a Rudia Controler for that and also have a C3D mini as well.

So have a couple of options it's just deciding what to do, I didn't want to start upgrading straight away.

Rather than spend on the UC100 or 400eth, I will do some more research and then upgrade the whole controller and drivers.

It's not an urgent projects and I have just been offered FOC a windows 7/32 with PP card already installed and working. I may even try that as a short term before progressing further

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I am aware that we can't do away with the conversion process but that can be done on a board directly rather than having the UC100 plugged in can't it?

What o am saying is that even with the UC100 I will still have the same control system. It's only a thee axis and that alone hampers development.

I was planning to upgrade it eventually to 4 axis but with the issues of the converter it's possibly brought that forward as I still see that the UC100 is a "fix" and an adaptor rather than buying a replacement controller that doesn't need need the UC100.

Are you a CNC drive Sales man or ambassador at all? Seem to be pushing their products.!!
    No I have no relation to the company other than I am a user. Have a UC300USB and a UC300ETH. That's all. Have used a Chinese USB motion controller before which was not a UC100 fake, it worked well unless I wanted to use the vacuum cleaner at the same time or wanted to use probing. I have no interest in selling CNC Drive products but I am also not recommending anything I don't have experience with.

You mentioned Mach3 and USB. I have no idea about any other solution which is financially and functionaly better. Nevertheless if you want to use W10 and the blue card is working then buying a UC100 is really a no brainer, you just replace the fake one with it.

If you want to use a stand alone controller then you don't need it.

But you do as you want. I really don't care. Just wanted to help.

If you want to use a stand alone controller then you don't need it.

But you do as you want. I really don't care. Just wanted to help.
    Thank you, it was a misunderstanding on my behalf as I understood from your comments that I would need the motion controller UC100 no matter what I upgraded with.

That's what I couldn't understand.. But I do now..

Thankyou and now fully understand what's needed, it's purely me not wanting to invest in something just to get me going when I could upgrade it..

I have now installed the old PC and got it running through the PP for now..

Thanks for everyone's input and guidance of what the issues are and finally getting to the bottom of it as I didn't understand about the UC100 issue.

I will be surfing the forums for the upgrades solutions going forward..

Thanks again everyone..

But it's not an upgrade, it's only getting my machine running with what I had already.
    A UC100 and UCCNC is most definitely an upgrade.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thank you, it was a misunderstanding on my behalf as I understood from your comments that I would need the motion controller UC100 no matter what I upgraded with.

That's what I couldn't understand.. But I do now..

Thankyou and now fully understand what's needed, it's purely me not wanting to invest in something just to get me going when I could upgrade it..

I have now installed the old PC and got it running through the PP for now..

Thanks for everyone's input and guidance of what the issues are and finally getting to the bottom of it as I didn't understand about the UC100 issue.

I will be surfing the forums for the upgrades solutions going forward..

Thanks again everyone..
    If it runs well through the PP and you are happy with it then just leave it as it is for now, until you know what you need. In my opinion the UC400ETH would be a better upgrade than the UC100, but again that's just my opinion.

You don't "need" the UC100, but you MUST have a motion controller if you plan to use W10 or W7 64 bits. The PP is not supported by Microsoft after W7 32 bits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information