. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi team.

I purchased a 2nd hand 300x400 cnc router that has the USB to parallel port conversion. See pic.

The previous owner was using madh3. Saw it running and have no issues parting with my Pennines..

So. I got it home, had a few health issues and then now finally after what seems like months I get it connected and downloaded the Mach3 software..

However connected the machine and my PC (windows 10/64) identifies it's there but I can't find the driver so I can connect.
    It's identified in the device list as "CNC control via USB"

Would appreciate any help that you guys can direct me too..

Apologies if it's already been answered before but I have been searching the forum and can't find any info about it.

TIA.

Tried to upload a jpeg but says it's the wrong file extension. ,
    Last edited by Silver; 24-07-2018 at 09:55 PM.

When you say Mach3 and usb to cnc, do you mean you have a UC 100 ? This would replace the parallel port connection. If this is indeed the case, you will find what you need here :- http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html

If not the UC 100, then you would need to explain in more detail.

Thanks for the reply. @needleworks

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    When you say Mach3 and usb to cnc, do you mean you have a UC 100 ?
    I really don't know what it is, it doesn't have any writing if details on it.. it's a plug that fits in to the printer port on the board and has a USB port on the other end to allow me to plug a USB lead in to it.

If not the UC 100, then you would need to explain in more detail.
    I have a picture in Jpeg but it won't allow me to upload it for some reason.. picture paints a 1,000 words. So to speak..

Just clicked the link, it does look similar but it's all steel and has a micro USB plug on the input end..
    Last edited by Silver; 24-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Picture of the adaptor and box.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0551.JPG 
Views:	1368 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	24581

Picture of message on device driver..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0552.JPG 
Views:	643 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	24582

Sorry mate, I can't help you with that one A quick google search has turned up this page though :- https://sites.google.com/site/usbres...all-usb-driver

Please don't take this as the correct driver for your controller, but it may help you a little. I'm sure one of the guys on here will be able to advise you better.

Sorry mate, I can't help you with that one A quick google search has turned up this page though :- https://sites.google.com/site/usbres...all-usb-driver

Please don't take this as the correct driver for your controller, but it may help you a little. I'm sure one of the guys on here will be able to advise you better.
    Thanks for the reply, I had seen that in my searches.

However it refers to putting my disk in to upload the driver.. the disk I don't have I'm afraid.. so was hoping someone on here has had a similar request..

The guy I brought it off is away on Holiday currently so can't get anything resolved there..

May have to wait until he is back to get it resolved.

Thanks again, but if anyone else has any advice greatfully received.

Throw that USB controller away and buy one that's not made in China, like the UC100. http://www.cncdrive.com/UC100.html
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Throw that USB controller away and buy one that's not made in China, like the UC100. http://www.cncdrive.com/UC100.html
    Oh, OK.
    I didn't know it was from China.

But I understand that the UC100 is made in china as well..

Rather than spending. £100 on a USB converter I may as well put that towards upgrading the board and installing something with a Grbl or smoothie firmware then in that case surely.

That way it will be more up to date and current rather than dealing with an obsolete board! Am I thinking right here?

But didn't want to get in to that straightaway as I haven't dealt with cnc router for some years but I do know gcode and use that on my C02 laser..

Just asked the question of driver if anyone knew of a solution that I believe was the quickest. But may have to wait for the guy I brought it off to get back.
    Last edited by Silver; 25-07-2018 at 01:44 PM.

No, the UC100 is not made in China.
    It's made by CNC Drive in Hungary, who stand behind their products and provide support when needed.

They also make UCCNC, an alternative control software that works with it, which is superior to Mach3 (and GRBL).
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    But I understand that the UC100 is made in china as well.
    Only the cheap fake ones preferred by cheap fake ones ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information