. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What have you got so far ? When you mentioned a 500 line limit, my guess was you had an unlicensed copy of Mach3.

Yes the copy which I have came with the machine and is obviously un licenced and is therefore no use to me.
    What do you suggest that I should purchase ----- I expect that there is no free suitable package available ?

Hi Joe,

It depends what you mean by 'Free' and 'Suitable'. LinuxCNC is free, but I wouldn't like to take it on at my age. For a start I am settled with Mach3 and on this forum there is a wealth of experience with it. That is not to say there are not experts on LinuxCNC here - there are and lots of other controllers are discussed, but they all cost money.

My solution, if I were you, would be ask your machine supplier why no licence included, or purchase a licence from Artsoft directly (especially if your supplier is in China). If you can run a cut in Demo mode, then you are well on they way with Mach3.

I am saying this with no knowledge of your machine, give us the details please !

That is my two pennies worth - no doubt others will step in with more and better advice.

Cheers,

Rob

THANKS Rob,
    I have decided to purchase the Mach 3 from Artsoft and hope that I will succeed with it Joe.

I have the machine setup and working OK now, Will you be able to send me the g-code so as I can produce the image Joe

That's great Joe, how are you getting on with the house sign gcode ? When I know that that works, I can do the picture of Eamon, otherwise there will be some tweaking to do.

Also, do you want the picture the same size as supplied or scaled to a particular size ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information