. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,

I recently bought a XSY-AT1 VFD (1ph to 3ph) to run my 2.2kw air spindle as part of a new machine build. I'd like it to start stop, and if possible also set the speed from Mach3 gcode. Its not clear to me from the wiring diagrams of the VFD which control wiring connections to connect to the BOB. Any thoughts or links welcome.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x2etc.jpg 
Views:	9953 
Size:	597.0 KB 
ID:	24607
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xsy-ati dia9.jpg 
Views:	3181 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	24604  
    Last edited by marbles; 31-07-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marbles View Post
    Hi,

I recently bought a XSY-AT1 VFD (1ph to 3ph) to run my 2.2kw air spindle as part of a new machine build. I'd like it to start stop, and if possible also set the speed from Mach3 gcode. Its not clear to me from the wiring diagrams of the VFD which control wiring connections to connect to the BOB. Any thoughts or links welcome.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x2etc.jpg 
Views:	9953 
Size:	597.0 KB 
ID:	24607
    Hi Marbles,

In order to control both speed and direction you preferably need to have a 0-10V or 0-5V output on your BOB along with one or two relay outputs for direction control. XSY-AT1 VFD also supports 4-20 mA input signal but this is less common for DIY projects. However for longer wire distance a better option since voltage drop is less of an issue.

The analogue voltage signal connects to the COM (-) and VL1 (+) terminal from the top of the VFD. Also you need to adjust setting P10 (working frequency source) to setting 2 to make this work. This will control spindle speed from min rpm to max rpm set in your VFD.
    For direction control a relay output from BOB is used and connected in series between terminal X5 and COM on VFD. This is making the spindle run backwards when active. Depending on your needs this could be enough to control your spindle. Another option is to use terminal X5 (run in reverse) or X3 (swap direction of spindle rotation). So in my opinion just 1 relay should be enough in this case.

Main external control settings:

P10 frequency source setting (2) // external command
    P11 start/stop setting (2) // external command like switch or relay (also activates direction control)
    P65 start-up state VFD (this adjust the common state of your VFD after start-up) eg. Forward/ Reverse / other.
    P50 can be set to 8. This makes terminal X1 your (reset VFD) input.

Good luck,

Jeroen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeroen Zeemeijer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen Zeemeijer View Post
    Good luck,

Jeroen
    Thanks Jeroen! I got there in the end with the wiring so it starts and stops. The programming of the VFD I found harder and im still not convinced i've set the perameters 100% correctly.

Hi marbles,
    I'm new here, need help. I had the same problem setting up my spindle using xsy-at1vfd. I've already set the given parameter but my spindle doesn't turn. My vfd response to the signal from mach3. It changes frequency once I change the spindle rotation but the motor has no response. Looks like there was power transmitted to the motor. I'm kinda confused on the wiring (eg. Relay output on Bob and connected in series between X5 and COM.) does this means that I have to connect the two relay terminal on my BOB? And connect it to the X5 and COM(shorted as per vfd manual)

Hi

I have an XSY-AT1 unit to work a 2.2kw three phase motor from a single phase supply. I have wired it up correctly and can only get 230v across the phases instead of 380v to 440v ? Any ideas if I have wired it wrong please assist

Hi all,
    I recently purchased a XSY-AT1 VFD, and am having some problems -I was hoping you can help.
    I saw a number of videos of guys using these on Youtube so figured it was worth a shot since my application is simple and the price was good.
    I am driving a Baldor 2HP 3Ph motor with it and have a single phase input (220V) on the VFD. I have it all wired up as it should be, but as I turn the potentiometer, the motor starts to turn but with allot vibration, especially at low frequencies I can see and hear the motor bumping with every cycle. It seems as though the three phases are unbalanced somehow. I checked as best I could with a multi-meter on each wire to the motor and all three signals seem to be there, appear to be pretty identical. (with respect to each other and to ground).

As a test I took the motor and hooked it up to a Hitachi VFD I was already using for my lathe and it ran perfectly smoothly all the way down to 1 Hz. So the motor is fine.

At first I thought the problem might have to do with the default frequencies being 50HZ as my motor specifies 60Hz. So, I changed each frequency parameter on the VFD to 60Hz (also intermediate frequencies to 30Hz) but this did not help.
    It seems pretty clear that there is something I am not understanding or perhaps I have a defective unit.

Any suggestions you have would be very welcome.

Tom McGreevy

Don't know if this will help much but here is the install/instructions for the XSY-AT1 VFD Inverter.

I'm going to ask Steve Jordan to pop in on this thread and see if he can help, I know he did an upgrade to a mini lathe using this unit.

Sorry I cant help more guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XSY-AT1-VFD-INVERTER-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf  
    .Me

Thanks Lee,
    I have the manual already and I did post the question to Steve Jordon on his youtube channel, but he never responded - I'm not sure if he ever noticed it though - he looks pretty busy.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcgree View Post
    Hi all,
    I recently purchased a XSY-AT1 VFD, and am having some problems -I was hoping you can help.
    I saw a number of videos of guys using these on Youtube so figured it was worth a shot since my application is simple and the price was good.
    I am driving a Baldor 2HP 3Ph motor with it and have a single phase input (220V) on the VFD. I have it all wired up as it should be, but as I turn the potentiometer, the motor starts to turn but with allot vibration, especially at low frequencies I can see and hear the motor bumping with every cycle. It seems as though the three phases are unbalanced somehow. I checked as best I could with a multi-meter on each wire to the motor and all three signals seem to be there, appear to be pretty identical. (with respect to each other and to ground).

As a test I took the motor and hooked it up to a Hitachi VFD I was already using for my lathe and it ran perfectly smoothly all the way down to 1 Hz. So the motor is fine.

At first I thought the problem might have to do with the default frequencies being 50HZ as my motor specifies 60Hz. So, I changed each frequency parameter on the VFD to 60Hz (also intermediate frequencies to 30Hz) but this did not help.
    It seems pretty clear that there is something I am not understanding or perhaps I have a defective unit.

Any suggestions you have would be very welcome.

Tom McGreevy
    Wish I could assist Tom. I had a similar problem and found the spindle wiring to be incorrect but you already know the correct wiring so its not that. the First port of call sounds like an investigation to determine if there a fault, but you know that already.

Hi,

For anyone looking for a known set of working parameters/settings for the XSY-AT1 VFD, George (tarawa) has posted back his settings that worked for him, the link to this info is below:

Link: Generic Chinese VFD, XSY-AT1 Programming Parameters/Settings
    .Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information