. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by marbles View Post
    Sounds familiar . I'm not near the cnc till tomorrow but can paste the P1-P8 VFD settings, which might be of use.
    Thanks very much. I have subsequently connected and programmed a Teco VFD I have, but getting the same results coming out "inverter overload". I think I am doing something fundamentally wrong and keep going over the programming options to try and discover. I have an clamp meter attached and abort the start-up very quickly as current way over the spindle rating. All help much appreciated.

After a bit of trial and error I have the spindle running although clarification would be good on what the intermediate frequency does.
    P00. 220
    P01. 400
    P02 15
    P03. 200. Changing this from 25 up to 200 resolved the matter. Not happy at 100 but ok at 300. Spindle starts to rotate when this value reached.
    P04. 0
    P05. 0
    P06 400
    P07. 0
    P78. 8000

Be interested to see how your values compare.

It suggests to me that the VFD is defaulted for a 3ph 50 Hz motor and once you come away from that various other factors come into play.

Lives in Congleton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16-02-2020 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 10. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Im running a small surface grinder on one of these and cant seem to get the power id expect. Ive been looking for the current limit. Any idea where it is?

I am absolutely no expert and hopefully somebody can assist. Not sure what you mean you are not getting the power you expect. You have set P78 to the rating of your grinder?

Lives in Congleton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16-02-2020 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 10. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    It's set as when I got it at 8000 but I'm not sure what it's 8000 of? My grinder has a rating in amps and it certainly isn't 8000 amps. Is this milliamps?

Yes, 1Amp = 1000 mA

In which case its set far too high. I'll set it to the correct rating. I feel it may be something else then. Is there a pole count setup?

Hi,

For anyone looking for a known set of working parameters/settings for the XSY-AT1 VFD, George (tarawa) has posted back his settings that worked for him, the link to this info is below:

Link: Generic Chinese VFD, XSY-AT1 Programming Parameters/Settings
    .Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information