. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey guys, I'm new here and very new to using mill machines so I do apologise if this question sounds stupid but here goes.

My new machine only allows me to drill a maximum of 13mm but I need to drill holes ofvatleast 19mm, is there a workaround by buying a new chuck or something like that? And I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and I hope iv posted this in the right section.

Thank you all in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
    That's brilliant thank you very much

I would run them Screwfix blacksmith drill bits very slowly and lot's of lubricant, they are not the toughest bits, oh and get used to sharpen them on a grinder, or if you are only wanting one size in particular, try buying one quality bit from say Cromwells etc.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scooterist007 View Post
    I would run them Screwfix blacksmith drill bits very slowly and lot's of lubricant, they are not the toughest bits, oh and get used to sharpen them on a grinder, or if you are only wanting one size in particular, try buying one quality bit from say Cromwells etc.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply guys, are these kind of drill bits available where the bottom of the drill bits are flat? I need to cut a flat disk shaped hole that's all and the bottom of the hole must be flat and not domed, if that makes sense lol.cheers again

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Richard
    A slot drill will give you a flat bottom hole, but RS Components want 61.45 Plus VAT and you will need a holder for it as well. you don't mention what material you are wanting to use it on ?
    Regards
    Mike

Hi, I'm using it on stabilized wood so I'm not wanting anything that will cut through thick steel. Thank you
    Last edited by Richardtweed; 21-08-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardtweed View Post
    Hi, I'm using it on stabilized wood so I'm not wanting anything that will cut through thick steel. Thank you
    You might get away with https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p59...RoCiIkQAvD_BwE

or https://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog...aight_239.html

Is the mill cnc'd
    Last edited by Clive S; 21-08-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks I'll take a look at them. Would the spade end bits cut through resin? It's not a cnc unfortunately

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardtweed View Post
    Thanks I'll take a look at them. Would the spade end bits cut through resin? It's not a cnc unfortunately
    probably
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information