. .
    I have a TP100 digitising probe and it is horribly eccentric between probe and shank. They make one with a concentricity adjusting collar (TP100A). Has any one converted a TP100 to TP100A? Or could anyone offer details of the collar please. Looks fairly simple but without one in the hand it is not clear. Just asking before I try to reinvent the wheel.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Some nice photos of the conversion kit here - https://www.imsrv.co/index.php?id_pr...roller=product

I do have a TP100A somewhere if you need any specific photos.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

m_c - Thank you very much. Exactly what I wanted to Know. Will make the converter myself. But would be interested to know what the thin ring in the collar is if you happen to find yours. Also if the grub screws are end formed at all, to suit the double cone on the lower shank area please.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    What thin ring?
    The groove around the top of the adapter?
    Without dismantling mine, I'd say it's just a reference groove to help with initial alignment.

It looked from the photo`s as though there was a grey ring, possibly a lamination interface between inner and outer rings?
    I have 60% finished the adapter now and went for a spherical seat and matching lapped knuckle. The four grub screws locking into the 45 deg. angular neck in, on the shaft above the knuckle and locking it down onto the seat. Will be modifying the end of the grub screws to a spherical face to make the adjustment a little smoother.
    Gives me 1.5 to 2 deg. of axial movement.
    Should be finished in the next few days.

How is your 4th axis progressing. I need shortly to put one on my old Seig X3. Did you go harmonic?

I wouldn't say it's a lamination looking at mine.
    I don't think the setup is designed to tilt, just to be able to adjust coaxially, with the taper so the grub screws hold the shaft tight onto the body.

4th axis is well down my list. I've had an absolute hectic few months, and am only just getting the backlog cleared, which is why my touchprobe is still in it's box and not mounted ready to be used.

In my case coaxial was not the issue since the probe rod was not actually coaxial to the main body. So I was jiggered all ways to Christmas!! - I think the coaxial route might require two levels of four screws if you wanted to keep the parts square? Difficult to adjust I imagine, even if the shaft flange was assumed to remain flat on top of the body, with one ring of screws. Interesting, even though I have already committed to the tilt.

Thread Information