. .
    Hi All.
    My name is Pete, I have a small furniture making and joinery business in Gloucestershire, UK, and use CNC routing to assist with some of the design and make aspects of my work. It has proved to be a slow development of skills with this, but useful and enjoyable tooling to have.
    New to the Forum as am in need of some advice regarding my machine and current technical difficulties being faced with, hence reaching out to MYCNCUK.

Anyone UK based owning and using a Marchant Dice machine running Mach3 on a Windows XP OS, parallel port PC?
    If so I would love to hear how you are getting on and hear some advice as I am some what stuck at the moment with mine.
    (Minor crash the other day which has consequently had the Kress spindle decide not to run.) Cannot raise contact with Marchant Dice at all!!!
    I have tried the spare spindle I have here to no avail. (Both spindles are functioning correctly when plugged into the mains directly.) All other obvious aspects of the machine, the PC, Mach3 etc seem to be in order.

It appears that somehow the ON / OFF instructions from the controller are not there anymore. Lends me to think that there is a switch which has tripped or fuse blown as a result of the crash. There are no obvious 'in line' fuses externally with the Kress or its cable back to the controller.
    My next step will be to disassemble the controller to inspect the insides, hoping to find a blown fuse!
    Can anyone shed any light on this and assist?

Can anyone recommend the fix. I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Kind Regards Pete.
    Gloucestershire, UK.

There isn't a "Known Fix" until more info is forthcoming.
    You are heading in the right direction, taking the controller lid off and checking for blown fuses, blown circuit board tracks, burnt out power control semi conductors etc. will most likely be key in identifying your fix.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPeter123 View Post
    Anyone UK based owning and using a Marchant Dice machine running Mach3 on a Windows XP OS, parallel port PC?
    I am not at all surprised you cannot get in touch with Marchant Dice - that name died of shame and they call themselves something else now.

Please open up your control box and post a photo or two. If there isn't a fuse in the relay circuit - I wouldn't be at all surprised. If there is, then it has probably blown, otherwise the relay on the BoB may have fused contacts.

I used to have a controller built from the expensive (but poor quality) kit supplied by MD, but it has been completely replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I am not at all surprised you cannot get in touch with Marchant Dice - that name died of shame and they call themselves something else now.
    Search on their address - Unit 6, Devon Units, Hatchmoor Ind Est, Torrington, EX38 7HP

And up pops Bionica Systems, appears to be all the same shit with a different name.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Bionica Systems, appears to be all the same shit with a different name.
    Them's the buggers. I have tried to forget MD and move on with my life. Anger only consumes the angry.

Cropwell and Magicniner.
    Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my reach for help. I will post photos of the insides of the controller. I hope to find a blown fuse. I suspect that would be too easy tho!!!! (Identifying fused circuits on the BoB relay may be interesting!!!)
    Many thanks for the steer to Bionica. That looks like they there buggars!!

Lives in SANTANDER, Spain. Last Activity: 26-04-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPeter123 View Post
    Cropwell and Magicniner.
    Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my reach for help. I will post photos of the insides of the controller. I hope to find a blown fuse. I suspect that would be too easy tho!!!! (Identifying fused circuits on the BoB relay may be interesting!!!)
    Many thanks for the steer to Bionica. That looks like they there buggars!!
    Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear all the problems you are going through, but I am on the same boat, I have a A1 Marchant Dice CNC router and full package bought from them on 2012, and up to today I haven't been able to used it, due to a problem with the reset botton that I found when I first plug it in, so now I am trying againg, and I have opend everything to see if there is anything blown, breaking fuse, by the way there are at least 3 fuse to check as you ask before, but I have install mach3 as they said, all light on the controll box are green, but I don't know the set up of mach 3, as what they send to me is not really working.

¿Could you or any other user send me your set up of mach3? by the way I have 4th axis, but I haven`t install the 4th axis yet.

King regards,
    Braulio

Lives in SANTANDER, Spain. Last Activity: 26-04-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Thank you very much for your replay Acc Tek China,

At the end I change all the hardware of the box, just the drivers and mother board that control the drivers, and is working although only at 32V not 60V. It seem to be the configuration of the pin and dir, that is so diferent to a standart, that I coudn't find it.

Thanks againg and take care of yourself specially against Covid.

But the most important thing, is to check the Max Amps that your step motor can take, so you don't buy extra ppower supply thinking that you need them when you really can take the maximun of your dirvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    But the most important thing, is to check the Max Amps that your step motor can take, so you don't buy extra ppower supply thinking that you need them when you really can take the maximun of your dirvers.
    Hola Raul,

Buenos dÃ*as, espero que todo vaya bien .

Veo que está dedicadose en la máquina de CNC, si tú o tus amigos necesitan hacer las partes por CNC máquina ,es mi placer de ayudar la cotización.
    Mi fábrica lo hacemos y también de las partes de plásticos, lo siento mucho por molestar, si no hace falta, solo saludar de China.

Julia Lian
    [email protected]
    +86 185 592 13117 wechat / whatsapp

Thread Information