. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi guys,

M$ Antivirus has just now decided UCCNC.exe contains a trojan win32/Zpevdo.A

Did anyone else have this problem?

UCCNC setup is 1.2048

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Upload the "UCCNC.exe" to Virus Total. https://www.virustotal.com/

How many are detecting? Link the result.

The setup.exe is showing 3 now on VT (was previously one) after I just uploaded a fresh copy.
    Probably just detecting with new virus signatures.

Typically you should not worry unless a good handful of the VirusTotal detectors come up with positives.
    That being said, run a full system scan and keep an eye on the host computer over the next week or so.

Ok so i uploaded UCCNC.exe.

https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/0...6138/analysis/

12/69

eh.

I downloaded from CNCDRIVE, do we need to contact Balasz?

Grtz Bert

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It's a bit of a known problem with the MS virus checker.
    Anytime a new version of something is released, it can trigger false positives.
    Dynomotion's KMotionCNC suffers the same problem until it's been out for a few days, and there's event software I use, which also has the same problem when a new update is released (MS even shut the app downand sandboxed it last month mid-event, which caused me a bit of a problem!).

It's all to do with the virus checker finding features in the software that could indicate it's doing things it shouldn't. In the case of the event software, it has a lot of functionality for replicating data to servers, which I guess gets flagged as potential Malware, and in KMotionCNC I suspect it's due to containing a lot of small example programs and source code, some of which are accessing system files. I'd imagine UCNC is being flagged for similar.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    It's a bit of a known problem with the MS virus checker.
    Anytime a new version of something is released, it can trigger false positives.
    Dynomotion's KMotionCNC suffers the same problem until it's been out for a few days, and there's event software I use, which also has the same problem when a new update is released (MS even shut the app downand sandboxed it last month mid-event, which caused me a bit of a problem!).

It's all to do with the virus checker finding features in the software that could indicate it's doing things it shouldn't. In the case of the event software, it has a lot of functionality for replicating data to servers, which I guess gets flagged as potential Malware, and in KMotionCNC I suspect it's due to containing a lot of small example programs and source code, some of which are accessing system files. I'd imagine UCNC is being flagged for similar.
    Yes i had the software running a few weeks now...

So why is it a problem now?

So i flagged the UCCNC directory for no scanning for now and i will check in a few days...

Grtz Bert.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Is it on a computer with good internet access?

In the case of the event software shutting down, I'd installed the latest version the previous evening, at which point I assume a copy had been uploaded to MS for testing. It was the next morning after getting an internet connection setup having dealt with the initial rush, all the software shut down, which I'm guessing is the point the virus checker got details about the software being infected back from MS.

It could be MS have discovered some new virus that matches something in UCNC, so it's only just being flagged. If it is a false positive it should sort itself out in a couple days and stop being flagged.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Are you the same person posting this at the UCCNC forum and CNC Zone?
    If not, I'd add an exclusion to Windows Defender for the UCCNC folder. I added the exclusion a long time ago, as it allows UCCNC to start faster. An added benefit is it prevents false positives.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Are you the same person posting this at the UCCNC forum and CNC Zone?
    If not, I'd add an exclusion to Windows Defender for the UCCNC folder. I added the exclusion a long time ago, as it allows UCCNC to start faster. An added benefit is it prevents false positives.
    Eh no... i try to keep my online identity to driftspin only.

I also don't like to shop arround for info on all different places.

Is someone posting under drifspin elsewhere?

Yes i did throw a exclusion in MS AV.
    Ill check in few days if AV still flags UCCNC.exe

Grtz Bert.

Last edited by driftspin; 08-09-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    . . . . . . . MS even shut the app down and sandboxed it last month mid-event, which caused me a bit of a problem! . . . . . . . .
    Which is why I'm never going back to Windows 10!!!! which I assume you were running?

Is someone posting under driftspin elsewhere?
    No, someone else.
    Apparently, a lot of people are running into this.
    I've had an Exclusion on my UCCNC folder for a long time, and have not had any issues on two PC's running Windows 10.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information