. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Apparently it is a false alert generated by some anti virus software. Confirmed by CNC Drive as well. Balázs contacted those companies, including MS. Until further we have to add an exclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Which is why I'm never going back to Windows 10!!!! which I assume you were running?
    Uh.. no, no windows 10...
    Not yet that is...
    I dont like the extra layer off user interface windows 10 has. Afraid i cant avoid it in the long run though.

Fusion360 is on a desktop machine with a discrete vga card (I5 2500k 8gb ssd+ 4gb1050ti) which is working ok for me for now.

I have not made any designs yet that need better hardware.

I have a windows 7 x64 laptop to run uccnc for now
    It is a HP 2nd gen i5 with 8gb memory 1tb sshd.

I want to network them but found uc300eth does not like being networked through a switch to my Fritzbox router for some reason.

I need to do some wiresharking to find out what is going on.
    Every time i start uccnc the connection drops.

When i have a direct connection (not on a switch) everything is working great.

Maybe i should not network it and just have it direct connect to the laptop.

The laptop is multifunctional device for now. homework for kids diagnostic tool for my car and so on.

I am moving the kids to their own hardware... trying to claim the laptop for mancave purposes only.

Maybe ill have the laptop wifi connect to the desktop and uc300eth by wired port.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by driftspin View Post
    Uh.. no, no windows 10...
    Not yet that is...
    I dont like the extra layer off user interface windows 10 has. Afraid i cant avoid it in the long run though.

Fusion360 is on a desktop machine with a discrete vga card (I5 2500k 8gb ssd+ 4gb1050ti) which is working ok for me for now.

I have not made any designs yet that need better hardware.

I have a windows 7 x64 laptop to run uccnc for now
    It is a HP 2nd gen i5 with 8gb memory 1tb sshd.

I want to network them but found uc300eth does not like being networked through a switch to my Fritzbox router for some reason.

I need to do some wiresharking to find out what is going on.
    Every time i start uccnc the connection drops.

When i have a direct connection (not on a switch) everything is working great.

Maybe i should not network it and just have it direct connect to the laptop.

The laptop is multifunctional device for now. homework for kids diagnostic tool for my car and so on.

I am moving the kids to their own hardware... trying to claim the laptop for mancave purposes only.

Maybe ill have the laptop wifi connect to the desktop and uc300eth by wired port.

Grtz Bert.

I am using laptops in my home LAN and the UC300ETH is connected through a LAN switch and that works fine. W10 is no problem. Have it on all my computers.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 09-09-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I am using laptops in my home LAN and the UC300ETH is connected through a LAN switch and that works fine. W10 is no problem. Have it on all my computers.
    Ok that is good to know.

When i find out what in my network is making the uc300eth or laptop disconnect UCCNC i will report back on that.

Grtz Bert.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Which is why I'm never going back to Windows 10!!!! which I assume you were running?
    Yes, but I quite like Windows 10 now, and it was the only option when I ordered my new laptop. I did opt for Pro though as it gives you more control over things.

I've got it on my milling machine with a touchscreen, and I find it far better than 7 or 8 with a touchscreen, but that machine only gets internet connection when it really needs connected, which is the same for all my machines.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Yes, but I quite like Windows 10 now, and it was the only option when I ordered my new laptop. I did opt for Pro though as it gives you more control over things.

I've got it on my milling machine with a touchscreen, and I find it far better than 7 or 8 with a touchscreen, but that machine only gets internet connection when it really needs connected, which is the same for all my machines.
    That is my BIG gripe with Windows 10, that you have so little control over MS assuming control of your machine effectively whenever they like (even with Pro when I was last on Windows 10), so I suppose the only way to properly assume a semi-decent level of control yourself is as you say "only gets internet connection when it really needs connected"

That is my BIG gripe with Windows 10, that you have so little control over MS assuming control of your machine effectively whenever they like (even with Pro when I was last on Windows 10), so I suppose the only way to properly assume a semi-decent level of control yourself is as you say "only gets internet connection when it really needs connected"
    Yes i think there is 2 ways to go about this.
    Standalone/offline approach or go all in and online allways.

Grtz Bert.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    UCCNC 1.2049 was released. It seems that the problem is fixed by this new release.
    Ah ok thank you... ill check in for the update soon.

Need to find some time though. :-)

Grtz Bert.

i had the same problem I acepted the virus ,, Laptop is still working ..
    I informed Balasz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information